Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone Please let me know the Torque Specs for the rear shocks ,axle nut and any other parts you have to remove to replace the rear reluctor rings? I ordered a new set from England, still waiting for them TIA Dave

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
2008 from another thread I believe 451. Let me see if I can dig some torques up. Hopefully no different from '13.

Bolt, shock to rear axle:. 70 Nm

Bolt, crossmember to integral carrier:. 65 Nm

Bolt, axle shaft to flange:. Stage 1 45 Nm, Stage 2 90 degrees . One time use/replace

Have some proper transmission fluid as I believe some leaks out, may need to plug to prevent all from flowing out. BOT 328 if I'm not mistaken. Need to add/correct fluid loss/level.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You didn’t mention what model smart car you own. 450, 451, 453. Check out this guy for you information. You might have to pay, for a subscription.

It's a 2008 I guess it's a 451?
2008 from another thread I believe 451. Let me see if I can dig some torques up. Hopefully no different from '13.

Bolt, shock to rear axle:. 70 Nm

Bolt, crossmember to integral carrier:. 65 Nm

Bolt, axle shaft to flange:. Stage 1 45 Nm, Stage 2 90 degrees . One time use/replace

Have some proper transmission fluid as I believe some leaks out, may need to plug to prevent all from flowing out. BOT 328 if I'm not mistaken. Need to add/correct fluid loss/level.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
Thanks jzchen for your reply

1 - 6 of 6 Posts