Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious. White panels, black tridium, 2015 ED. Have always used maguires cleaner wax but curious what others are using.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Maguire's is awesome. Really lasts a long time.

I got Cilajet applied. Then I just use whatever comes with the touchless car wash I take it to in Duarte. (I'll check what they use next time I'm there).

Sent from my MT2L03 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
204 Posts
I use Maguire's California Clay bar and their sealer. I did it first about seven years ago and I just did it again this year. BTW, I probably didn't need to do it this year because it still looked good, but I felt guilty...

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm using Surf City Garage product called Barrier Reef Carnauba Paste Wax. They sell the spray at Pep Boys and after trying the spray I was so impressed with that product I found their website and ordered the paste wax. It's really easy on and off and very moderately priced at $25.00 bucks. Give it try! I am really impressed with it and I have been detailing my own cars for over 40 years. surfcitygarage.com or 866-970-7873 Be sure to use a clean microfiber towel to remove any wax that you apply.

hartmn

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Just looked through the Rejex site. Sounds good....

Site claims there is no Si oils that cause issues, but MSDS shows a proprietary siloxane.
No UV inhibitors? Has anyone done long term testing and no fading?

I wish to see Car and Driver's article, but I'll go to sleep some for now.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
28,979 Posts
smart panels aren't going to fade no matter what you use on them. Our car is six years old and the paint looks brand new. No worries with Rejex. :)

·
DrKillerBee
1,488 Posts
Thanks John.
I will order the Rejex today and try it on the new ED in the Bee Hive. I haven't had a chance to wash the poor thing yet and just ripped out the window stickers today.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Zaino is a wax.

Rejex is a dirt/chemical/water repellent.
Actually Zaino is not a wax. It is a Polish that contains no wax or silicone oils.
I have been using Zaino since 2001. I love the stuff for it's ease of application and long life. However, i am always open minded about finding a better product(that;s how i originally found zaino), so i will try this 'rejex' and see how it works compared to Zaino.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I used Zaino on my 2013 Smart, and I have recently tried rejex for the first time on my 453 cabriolet. I was surprised by how much easier rejex is to use. But perhaps that's because Zaino tempts you to use lots of coats of different type waxes to bring out different subtleties in shine. I'm impressed with the reject shine and two coats was effortless. I put the coats on the windows as well. But I've not had the car long enough to know how well it compares yet, and whether the Windows was a good idea.

The winter weather has left the car dirty fast, even though southern IN winters are pretty mild.

One thing I wonder is can I use the Grand Finale spray shield over the rejex. This is a "detailing spray," that is, once the car is polished with Zaino, one need not wash, and instead can spraying and shine simultaneously with thin coats of this detailing spray using soft non-scratching towels. It keeps the car clean with much less work than washing.

Zaino makes another detailing spray. This is supposed to be better, adding a protective shine as well. I believe (but should confirm at some point) that this, like rejex, is a polymer coating, and bonds with the Zaino polish. Will it add more protection while cleaning easily and without harming or lessening the effect of the rejex? Or am I downgrading the regex finish to use the detailing spray, Grand Finale. (Perhaps I should use the less effective detail spray they make to shine/wash the car and avoid another layer of polymer?

I use the 3M soft top cleaner kit which includes Fabric Guard. Water beads and runs off the convertible top. It's impressive to watch.

Anyone use Scotch Guard or similar product on the interior? Perhaps this is a good idea? Thoughts? Alternatives to Safe Guard. Some people have claimed Safe Guard can leave a bad smell, and can sometimes discolor fabric.

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
I was surprised by how much easier rejex is to use... I'm impressed with the reject shine and two coats was effortless. I put the coats on the windows as well. But I've not had the car long enough to know how well it compares yet, and whether the Windows was a good idea.

... One thing I wonder is can I use the Grand Finale spray shield over the rejex.

... Will it add more protection while cleaning easily and without harming or lessening the effect of the rejex? Or am I downgrading the regex finish to use the detailing spray, Grand Finale.

I've been using Rejex religiously for about eight years now. Yes, you can definitely wax or detailer-spray over it without degrading Rejex's benefits. Personally, I never use wax, but a quick-detail spray is handy. And yes, Rejex can be used on windows, wheels, etc.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts