Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 4027 Posts

·
For sale pm for details
2,033 Posts
oil change, boost controller now boost is not fluxuating and car is pulling alot harded now

·
Registered
278 Posts
Wash it of course. Drive it all day on errands. Then added my first aftermarket part.

I read all the frame end cap threads and looked at all the aftermarket ones available. I didn't want to spend much money. So I went to Home Depot and got two 3" galvanized pipe plugs. Just stuck them in the hole and turned the wing nut. They look like billet pieces unless you crawl under there and look close. They are easily removable to check for moisture buildup. And they were $3.25 each.

·
He's not mine
9,607 Posts
I drove about 40 miles to get to the Best Buy which is four miles from my house. There, I bought a Steely Dan CD, and drove around some more to listen to it. Then, I thought about those rear speakers and how much better the CD would sound with them installed. I know that's not what you had in mind Cube, LOL

·
Registered
278 Posts
...thanks...I was about to give you enough $#!t to last you for a week...

jetfuel...I'm better now..
As soon as I looked at the pic, I knew I committed a SCOA sin. Kind of like putting a windup key on the back. Honest JF, they are up and down now. I actually found 2 stainless nuts in my toolbox and am considering swapping them out.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I thought these plugs were a good idea.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Drove back to CT from DC. Took 12 hours to make a 6 hour trip. Sure is a lot of fun when you are not in a hurry and can stop at places along the route. Let the fun begin

·
Registered
8,971 Posts
As soon as I looked at the pic, I knew I committed a SCOA sin. Kind of like putting a windup key on the back. Honest JF, they are up and down now. I actually found 2 stainless nuts in my toolbox and am considering swapping them out.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I thought these plugs were a good idea.
...no sweat..they look better with the covers on and if they are of the home made kind..better.....and I know what you mean about the wind up key...somebody at the Indy meeting had one..if you didn't know it was there and you tried to go around the car you will run right into it...and depending on how tall you are it will make the difference if you were going to sing baritone or soprano...

jetfuel....oh it hurts...

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Mine got its weekly Sunday wash and stayed in the garage... I usually drive the VUE on the weekends and give the smart some time off.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Washed, vacuumed then garaged it all weekend - weather up here in NE was touchy. Tornado warnings and hail etc.... We took our "other" car on errands. It's almost frightening how much I baby this car! :eek:

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
Drove it 260 miles, and the gauge just dropped to 3 bars. Cleaned off the bugs with Hydrogen Peroxide. Handed the Keys to the wife.:eek: I hope I get a chance to really lean it before Thursday.

Hey Roobi9

I feel a lot more comfortable with this car out in the weather than a metal box. Baby it if you want, but its a lot cheaper to fix than anything else you have:)

Washed, vacuumed then garaged it all weekend - weather up here in NE was touchy. Tornado warnings and hail etc.... We took our "other" car on errands. It's almost frightening how much I baby this car! :eek:

·
Registered
224 Posts
Drove it 260 miles, and the gauge just dropped to 3 bars. Cleaned off the bugs with Hydrogen Peroxide. Handed the Keys to the wife.:eek: I hope I get a chance to really lean it before Thursday.

Hey Roobi9

I feel a lot more comfortable with this car out in the weather than a metal box. Baby it if you want, but its a lot cheaper to fix than anything else you have:)

Oh, no... I feel perfectly safe in the Bumble. I just didn't want anything to fall on it (branches, hail, etc..).

1 - 20 of 4027 Posts