Smart Car of America Forum banner

201 - 220 of 4194 Posts

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Rainy roads today. I put my car through corner tests in the rain without using brakes. Felt a bit of fishtailing at a few points and started going sideways down my road. It's a fun car. :D

·
Registered
858 Posts
Cleaned out the inside of GiGi, and filled the tailgate with tools I hope to never need. Had them in a cloth shoulder bag that fills the tailgate. A small metal John Deere Box full of metric wrenches and ratchet, Army shovel, hatchet, tire repair kit w/rubber cement, and a role of toilet paper.:cool: Took her for a spin and no rattling from the rear tailgate.:cheers:

·
10Year+ Supporting Member
3,454 Posts
I ordered two rear Brabus wheels to put on the front of my Brabus coupe. I checked with Smart Madness and they wanted $800.00 each per take off with used tire and tpms. I ordered new from my local dealer for $630.00 each and ordered new Hankook 215/35-17's for $110.00 each. I will use the tpms from my original 15" Brabus wheels. When the tire salesman looked at my tires to get the proper specs, he said my factory Hankook tires were manufactured in 2006. My car was built in April, '09. I am thinking I may replace my current tires with new ones due to the age of the tires. They only have 2200 miles on them, but they are five years old. Any opinions would be appreciated.

·
10Year+ Supporting Member
3,454 Posts
I forgot to mention. My tires are being shipped from a warehouse in California. There are currently no Hankook 215/35-17's to fit the rear of the Brabus except in the west coast location.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Putt Putt got his oil changed, hinges lubed and tires rotated (I'm a member of that club) and is getting ready for "Dragon" time next week ..............YIPPEEEE !!!

:bouncies:

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hubby & I are zipping out to the Brimfield Fair this afternoon. I guess we won't be buying too much but it's a beautiful day for a drive!

·
Registered
4,303 Posts
I ordered two rear Brabus wheels to put on the front of my Brabus coupe. I checked with Smart Madness and they wanted $800.00 each per take off with used tire and tpms. I ordered new from my local dealer for $630.00 each and ordered new Hankook 215/35-17's for $110.00 each. I will use the tpms from my original 15" Brabus wheels. When the tire salesman looked at my tires to get the proper specs, he said my factory Hankook tires were manufactured in 2006. My car was built in April, '09. I am thinking I may replace my current tires with new ones due to the age of the tires. They only have 2200 miles on them, but they are five years old. Any opinions would be appreciated.

Has the car been garage kept? What really hurts the rubber is UV rays. If the car has been protected, I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Found a large vacant parking lot and let my 16 year old daughter drive the smart around it. This was her first time behind the wheel of any car.
That you know about, anyway.

When I was a Freshman in high school (14 years old), I "borrowed" my then-boyfriends Mustang and tried to drive it out of the school's parking lot. Unfortunately, I didn't have a clue how a manual transmission worked, so I only got as far as the middle of the road when I couldn't get it going again. When the police officer showed up at my door I made up some incomprehensible lie, and he pulled it back on the school grounds and locked it up.

He was a good guy not to call my parents or something like that.

The moral of the story is...I guess... you just never know. LOL

20yrsinBranson

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
That you know about, anyway.

When I was a Freshman in high school (14 years old), I "borrowed" my then-boyfriends Mustang and tried to drive it out of the school's parking lot. Unfortunately, I didn't have a clue how a manual transmission worked, so I only got as far as the middle of the road when I couldn't get it going again. When the police officer showed up at my door I made up some incomprehensible lie, and he pulled it back on the school grounds and locked it up.

He was a good guy not to call my parents or something like that.

The moral of the story is...I guess... you just never know. LOL

20yrsinBranson
I believe this one. She is the last of the three and the most obedient. She was really excited. She drove like it was the first time, misjudging the turns and stopping way short.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Installed an Area 451 cruise and wired up ignition free windows. New car just needs a bath and she will be ready for the Dragon.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Getting ready for the Dragon, changed oil (X2) and getting ready to give them both a bath, will give them a vacuuming Tuesday or Wednesday. Wife padded 2 toolboxes so our "emergency" tools won't rattle around...much.

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
2,971 Posts
Lil Blue took us with him to visit PEDL PWR in Salina, KS and his owners Johnna and Dustin. We attended a large scale RC airplane fly-in.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Tried a new product on the tires, it's a synthetic that's supposed to make them look wet and also protect from UV, time will tell.

·
He's not mine
9,614 Posts
Hey NCC! What did you do with your smart today? :)
I couldn't resist putting that hummingbird on the video Kermit.
Great job, the video doesn't do it justice, I'm afraid.

Something else I did with my smart today ...
gave a road test to my new QStarz BT-Q1000XT GPS data logger.

201 - 220 of 4194 Posts