Smart Car of America Forum banner

21 - 40 of 4204 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
It's funny. Most everyone bought these little tykes to commute with or to save on gas or for a second car, yet most of us end up treating ours like our "collector car". What a love affair.

·
To the XCAPEPOD!
6,101 Posts
New 195/50 tires put on the car for the KC trip last week, washed over the weekend, and will be continuing the cleaning and maintenance tonight. I'm driving the truck until I leave for KC... :)

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hubby & I are taking the Bumble and zipping out to Northampton MA for restaurant week tonight. Think I'm going to try a new place to eat. 3 courses for $20.10 and we have a huge choice of places! Of course that doesn't include the bottle of wine we will no doubt have.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
I just got done washing ,waxing and generally cleaning it up, tried Armorall wheel protectant on my black painted wheels and they look terrible. I guess tomorrow I'll work on them again, so far I'm not too impressed with this product but I'll give it a second chance.:(:mad: It makes the wheels look like they have an oily sheen on them and I don't live anywhere near the gulf!:eek:

·
5,298 Posts
I just got done washing ,waxing and generally cleaning it up, tried Armorall wheel protectant on my black painted wheels and they look terrible. I guess tomorrow I'll work on them again, so far I'm not too impressed with this product but I'll give it a second chance.:(:mad: It makes the wheels look like they have an oily sheen on them and I don't live anywhere near the gulf!:eek:
I have the stock wheels on my Passion and used the Armour All without any issues. I wonder if the paint vs metal makes a difference in the product use and outcome.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Now the problem is..... what will you do with your smart tomorrow? For me, that's a problem. I just bought a spare tire and all weather floor mats. I want the rubber mat for the back, a scangauge, vinyl sport stripes, better speakers, tach and clock, on and on and on..........hmmmmmmmmmm

·
Registered
30 Posts
Went to the hardware store and easily managed to fit a six foot 1/2" steel threaded rod inside the car.

Jef

·
Registered
22 Posts
Went to the dogpark with a friend and her dogs. Got the Great Dane comfortably in the back, and the smaller mutt in front with her. All at the dog park were astonished to see all of us get out of (and later back into) my little peanut. :)

Later tried (and failed) for the millionth time to reset my wrenches--despite reading and trying every single instruction posted here. :-(

·
Registered
910 Posts
Good cleaning inside and out with some deep vacuuming to get all the little dried oak fuzzies that fell in earlier in the spring.
Cleaned the wheels real good and used the new Armor All protectant on them - hope it works as advertised. :)

·
Super Moderator
11,309 Posts
Rain yesterday, rain today... At least with the new coat of Ice, it cleans everything off. Anyone notice that with Rain-X on the windshield, the wipers are prone to chattering when you use them?? New blades??

·
Registered
156 Posts
A full detail in & out, top to bottom. Looks like new. Even waterproofed the canvas top. Checked the oil, topped up the washer fluid and reglued the Brabus logo on the gas flap. Finally, put two spare tires in the back. No wheels - just tires. One front (15 inch) one rear (17 inch). Had both back tires fixed at dealer, caught some nails. June 10th 4am here we come.

21 - 40 of 4204 Posts