Smart Car of America Forum banner

4061 - 4080 of 4194 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
I finally got around to replacing all the panels on the '09 451 and gave it a good cleaning. its pretty basic, but daaaang do I love how it looks and love driving it around town! too bad i cant find a rear passenger panel. oh well...I'm thinking about leaving it like that though. looks pretty neat.

Also just replaced the radio 10 (i think) with a JVC KW-M750B unit and it looks awesome! Ill take pics of that later on as its night now and I just noticed the car has a small leak! pretty upset about that. I've posted it to see if this awesome community can help this non-mechanic figure it out

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
I finally got around to replacing all the panels on the '09 451 and gave it a good cleaning. its pretty basic, but daaaang do I love how it looks and love driving it around town! too bad i cant find a rear passenger panel. oh well...I'm thinking about leaving it like that though. looks pretty neat.

Also just replaced the radio 10 (i think) with a JVC KW-M750B unit and it looks awesome! Ill take pics of that later on as its night now and I just noticed the car has a small leak! pretty upset about that. I've posted it to see if this awesome community can help this non-mechanic figure it out
NICE looking good in red! Good to see how you enjoy driving yours around too! These are fun little toys.
As far as a radio goes, I had a lucky streak I bought a 7" touch screen from China and the stock plug fit the radio, NO adapters needed.

With all the members on SCOA you have plenty of assistance.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I ordered my Under tray pieces and front lip splitter. A few more weather strips and chrome lug nut covers. So my red bottom undertray is just about two weeks away.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I ordered my Under tray pieces and front lip splitter. A few more weather strips and chrome lug nut covers. So my red bottom undertray is just about two weeks away.
Some years ago I saw an image of a 451 decked out like the A Team van. A miniature KITT is also neat. I like your continued updates on your buggy though!

·
Registered
24 Posts
red undertray? whaaaa??? can you link where you got it? sounds pretty cool!

·
Registered
725 Posts
red undertray? whaaaa??? can you link where you got it? sounds pretty cool!
Its a spoof on the Christian Louboutin Red Bottom shoes

So since I need to replace my undertray I will be Painting it the same color red and referring to my Smart as being fitted with the Designer, Christian Louboutin "train d'attertssage" .......

now my car is perfect... too bad may be forced to fix it.

The Harlem Edition will be fitted with a Red bottom Under Carriage. ;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Its a spoof on the Christian Louboutin Red Bottom shoes

So since I need to replace my undertray I will be Painting it the same color red and referring to my Smart as being fitted with the Designer, Christian Louboutin "train d'attertssage" .......

now my car is perfect... too bad may be forced to fix it.

The Harlem Edition will be fitted with a Red bottom Under Carriage. ;)
Ahh “deez are bloody shoes!” Still gonna look good tho!!

·
Registered
725 Posts
Yes. Dat's what we talkin bout.
So I supposed the oil change tech may be the only one viewing it on the regular. I guess the mirror under the car at auto shows could work. I will sure get a kick out of listing it on the mod build list.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Changed my tires side to side and checked brakes at same time. I bought 17mm spacers for Minimus last summer. I think they're throwing off my from camber some, because the outside is 1\8" from the wear bar and the inside is 3\16" from thw same. Back tires are good across the board, 3\16 away from bar. Maybe the fact the tires are ? paws?

·
Registered
725 Posts
Enjoyed it and showed if off at Captree State Park Long Island NY,

It may become a Sunday regular this year. I think I am a subwoofer and exhaust tone away from a great show and shine season. We got the tough look down now we have to sound tough with both Bump and Boom. A nice Second gear growl and third gear hum.

·
Registered
158 Posts
There is no better way to spend a day then with a fellow forum member and new friend. It warmed my heart to be able to ride along side the legendary Harlem Addition Smart. This day is what I hoped for since we adopted our baby. And while we rubbed elbows, laughed and enjoyed good conversation over a fantastic breakfast, our babies got a chance for a first meeting as well.

I’m sure I can say The Harlem addition Smart and Stinky enjoyed their first meet, the first of many outings I pray. I’m sure I can confidently say It was a great Sunday had by all!
Paula

·
Registered
158 Posts
I got tired of the difficult hood latches and installed hood pins.
I have the full video on YouTube.
I literally absorbed your video on the design and installation of the hood pins. It was so well thought out and watching the CAD drawings come to life we’re quite interesting. I could only wish to create this Mod for my orphan.
Thank you for your time and dedication
Paula

·
Registered
316 Posts
Paula&Charlie,

Funny! I just bought the same speakers for my ‘08! Nice to see that speaker spacers were not needed! You just saved me some aggravation! Thank you!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Paula&Charlie,

Funny! I just bought the same speakers for my ‘08! Nice to see that speaker spacers were not needed! You just saved me some aggravation! Thank you!
Several reasons why I chose them one of which was the installation depth requirements. The front you have plenty of room, but in the rear Where I’m going to install the second set there is only an inch of room behind the tridium frame so I’m going to use a 1 inch spacer for the remaining depth required. Also they are marine rated so not to worry about the speaker getting wet when the door is opened in the rain.
BTW they sound great as well.
I’ll post up when I install the second set.
Good luck with your installation.
Paula

·
Registered
158 Posts
Paula,

You ok are 100% correct. I have the same Polk speakers already mounted in the back and needed to use the speaker spacers.
That’s good to hear you’re satisfied with them as well. I can’t wait to install them in the rear, if only the weather would cooperate lol. I did a mountain of research looking for speakers that would work. And these are only one of a few with the two inch clearance. I believe there are quite a few Smarts with them installed.

·
Registered
316 Posts
That’s good to hear you’re satisfied with them as well. I can’t wait to install them in the rear, if only the weather would cooperate lol. I did a mountain of research looking for speakers that would work. And these are only one of a few with the two inch clearance. I believe there are quite a few Smarts with them installed.
That’s why I chose them too! If I recall, the Polk speakers are 1/4” deeper than the stock speakers. I’m very satisfied with the performance. Fidelity is good with crispy treble and good bass. I have the stock subwoofer which I personally think sounds great. I’m looking forward to installing them in the front too.

I’m opting to take the door outer panels off to install the speakers because I need to repair the driver side door latch.

I’m also looking forward to warmer weather to get the job done.

·
Registered
158 Posts
That’s why I chose them too! If I recall, the Polk speakers are 1/4” deeper than the stock speakers. I’m very satisfied with the performance. Fidelity is good with crispy treble and good bass. I have the stock subwoofer which I personally think sounds great. I’m looking forward to installing them in the front too.

I’m opting to take the door outer panels off to install the speakers because I need to repair the driver side door latch.

I’m also looking forward to warmer weather to get the job done.
I can see your point regarding taking the outer skin off as you have another job to do where you need access to the innards of the door. Personally I didn’t want to cut the water barrier to install a speaker that is the reason what I chose to install them from inside. Also if I blew a speaker it’s simply removing four screws, and the speaker is out.
Im guessing you have the OEM Sub under your seat? Im satisfied with it as I don’t listen to music that is bass heavy.

4061 - 4080 of 4194 Posts