Smart Car of America Forum banner

4141 - 4160 of 4202 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Getting supplies. Lady in front of me is panic buying. Gas is under a dinero though!
First time in 3 weeks I could find TP at the grocery store. Limit of 2 packs. As I was going in, a guy asked me if the Smart was a good car for grocery shopping. Hell yes! It would fit down the isles! Wouldn’t even need a cart! lol

·
Registered
305 Posts
You got that right... ...a cabin filter change too. The Arm & Hammer Febreeze jobbies are too expensive as opposed to the MB version!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Had the Brabus up to a genuine GPS 90 mph on the Beltway this afternoon. Only real annoyance were the bridge joints and two other drivers. One cutting car in front of me off last second going for an exit ramp, and another trying to come into my lane, even with a lane alert light clearly visible in their mirror. Guess you have to actually pay attention to those things for them to be helpful. Anyone have the two tone horn?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Get an Echlin E tone horn from Big Wheel. The surgery was curse laced, but it was well worth it. I placed the replacement horn in front of the radiator pillar. Also faced to 4 o'clock position so as to not fill up with salt or debris.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I installed this air intake scoop... It is not a gimmick and really works - at least in my case 10 degree less intake air temperature with the intake scoop.
Last weak i monitored with my torque app the intake air temperature without the scoop and it was between 105 F and 118 F.
Smart 198.jpg

Smart 199.jpg
Smart 200.jpg

Before and after:
Smart 201.jpg

Without the scoop I never went under 100 F - I drove the same route and even the HP value went up ( didn't setup my car but it increased )
From the manufacturer:
Designed to capture the cold air and ram it into the intake duct to lower intake air temps to produce higher HP. The cooler the air comes in the higher the timing curve and leaner A/F mixtures to produce increased Horsepower...

·
Registered
291 Posts
I installed this air intake scoop... It is not a gimmick and really works - at least in my case 10 degree less intake air temperature with the intake scoop.
Last weak i monitored with my torque app the intake air temperature without the scoop and it was between 105 F and 118 F.
View attachment 63155
View attachment 63156 View attachment 63157

Before and after:
View attachment 63158 View attachment 63159

Without the scoop I never went under 100 F - I drove the same route and even the HP value went up ( didn't setup my car but it increased )
From the manufacturer:
Designed to capture the cold air and ram it into the intake duct to lower intake air temps to produce higher HP. The cooler the air comes in the higher the timing curve and leaner A/F mixtures to produce increased Horsepower...
Cool. Literally. Who makes and how much?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Get an Echlin E tone horn from Big Wheel. The surgery was curse laced, but it was well worth it. I placed the replacement horn in front of the radiator pillar. Also faced to 4 o'clock position so as to not fill up with salt or debris.
It looks like the stock horn(s) is/are Fiamm. I’m looking at a couple options. Space seems to be the main issue, unless one wants to mount air horns on the roof...

·
Registered
305 Posts
There's a spot behind the radiator pillar and the left headlight. It's super tight, but if the 10mm bolt in the kit is used you can catch it through the pillar. It is a bear, but the fruits of you labor with toot into infinity... ...and beyond!

·
Registered
291 Posts
I do not like license plate frames with any type of advertising or even the selling dealer's name. I go for a plain and simple frame to just border the plate. View attachment 63125
Looking at your Florida plate, the background motif really obscured the A and the second B. Virginia had an autumn leaves pattern a few years ago that was overly leafy, and they had to redo it because of plate readability problems. And I’ve been reading about problems with distinguishing between O and 0 on plates. Some are pretty interesting.

I’m currently doing battle with Ez-Pass in Virginia. I paid a toll manually and got a paper receipt. 3 weeks later I got a violation notice. As far as I’m concerned, it’s mail fraud at that point. I’ve filed a FOIA request, which they have ignored, to find out how many others got hit on the same day. They’re nothing more than a criminal enterprise, in my opinion. This is the second time they’ve done this crap. I always ask for a paper receipt now.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Got a set of LED license plate lights in today and installed them. Not a bulb style replacement, but a board. Quite a difference from the incandescent bulb. They have a gasket, or plinth, from my British car days, and seem to be reasonably well made for all of $8.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Also installed tach and clock gauges in my 09 Passion today. Rather amusing that the 09 guages say Brabus, while the ones in my 15 Brabus don't.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Found 15% Korn gas at 94©\Gal. Lakeville MN has low test for 87©\Gal. I guess I'll load up the cans to fill on Good Friday. Looking for some cheap 195 55 15s for the back. Ol' Man Winter is NOT done yet!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Found 15% Korn gas at 94©\Gal. Lakeville MN has low test for 87©\Gal. I guess I'll load up the cans to fill on Good Friday. Looking for some cheap 195 55 15s for the back. Ol' Man Winter is NOT done yet!
Toyo PROXES T1R Performance Radial Tire - 185/55R15 82V are pretty cheap right now - $60-70, if you can live with a slightly narrower tire. I just ordered 4. Hope to have them tomorrow.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Over the past week or so, my Smart has received new dual fog/driving lamps behind the front grille, a GoPedal, a built-in learning garage door opener and a custom windshield wiper delay circuit with 3-100 second interval delay.

It was NOT easy to fit all of the hardware into the button assembly. There was a lot of cutting, drilling case modifications and funky connectors to get everything to fit properly.

The Eco button labels will eventually be replaced by some glow-in-the-dark vinyl decals I ordered. Likewise, the speed control dial for the wipers will get a decal of its own. The blue ring button turns the intermittent wiper function on and off. The white and yellow LEDs correspond to the color of the driving/fog light color. All the buttons are press once to turn on, again to turn off.

I debated in trying to use a cabrio roof switch to activate the new door opener buttons for more of a factory look, but the HomeLink module is almost completely encased in plastic and I would risk damaging the circuit board to get to the button solder pads.

4141 - 4160 of 4202 Posts