Smart Car of America Forum banner

4181 - 4200 of 4202 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
It was 815. I’m pretty sure my full headlights were on. Even if not, I do have the LED fog lights that always run. They turned left from a gas station that was supposed to be right turn only. The smart zippy acceleration had me up to speed quicker than most :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
333 Posts
OK, now I get it... as the poor guy in the beemer? was trying to get out of your way, you accelerated into him!!!
Honestly officer.... I was not texting, talking, or accererating...!
Now, seriously... I am glad you were not hurt, and hopefully the other driver? Was it a Beemer?

·
Registered
291 Posts
I hate to see any smart wrecked, but it looks like it held up pretty well, considering. Definitely a good reminder to drive with lights on, and upgrade the horn to better horns (which I'm in the process of doing).

·
Registered
333 Posts
Kind of hard to mount those semi truck air horns on the hood (bonnet). And to mount them under the passenger seat, I guess that would be cruel, but funny at the same time!!!

·
Registered
333 Posts
OK, so just to be on the record here.... I am not sick! Just professionally perverted. At least that is what I was told during my military days....

·
Registered
89 Posts
I literally had no time to react. I assumed he was turning right into the lane next to me. When he turned left at the last second I was right there already. 20yo in a Lexus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
339 Posts
Evolution has instructions for turning DRLs on or off at startup. If I recall, with the car off, pull and hold the left steering wheel control arm towards the driver’s seat, then press the lock button on the remote to turn them on or the unlock button to turn them off. It didn’t work on my 2008, but might be worth a try. Then again, it could be operator error.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I installed this air intake scoop... It is not a gimmick and really works - at least in my case 10 degree less intake air temperature with the intake scoop.
Last weak i monitored with my torque app the intake air temperature without the scoop and it was between 105 F and 118 F.
View attachment 63155
View attachment 63156 View attachment 63157

Before and after:
View attachment 63158 View attachment 63159

Without the scoop I never went under 100 F - I drove the same route and even the HP value went up ( didn't setup my car but it increased )
From the manufacturer:
Designed to capture the cold air and ram it into the intake duct to lower intake air temps to produce higher HP. The cooler the air comes in the higher the timing curve and leaner A/F mixtures to produce increased Horsepower...
What is the phone app that you use?

·
Registered
847 Posts
I installed this air intake scoop... It is not a gimmick and really works - at least in my case 10 degree less intake air temperature with the intake scoop.
Last weak i monitored with my torque app the intake air temperature without the scoop and it was between 105 F and 118 F.
View attachment 63155
View attachment 63156 View attachment 63157

Before and after:
View attachment 63158 View attachment 63159

Without the scoop I never went under 100 F - I drove the same route and even the HP value went up ( didn't setup my car but it increased )
From the manufacturer:
Designed to capture the cold air and ram it into the intake duct to lower intake air temps to produce higher HP. The cooler the air comes in the higher the timing curve and leaner A/F mixtures to produce increased Horsepower...
One of our members from Texas, had his car dyno'd before and after. More HP and toque after conversion.
I have the same scoop on mine 2 years now, removed the intake resonator, added k&n high flow oem style filter along with a silicone intake tube between stock air filter box and intake manifold.
I saw the same positive results with my toque pro.
Plus I added a solo performance side exit exhaust for a nice exhaust note.

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Post what did you do to your smart today.

I replaced my old "TOW" decal with this smaller one. (Good for 3HP):)

Well, the latest thing I've done to Grasshopper Mouse are: oil change, spoiler wing installation, second front tow hook hole, purchased 2 more spike protectors, a round and a sharp one. I read about some members swapping the stock horn for a better one, and that's the next thing I'm gonna install on my smart. Plus I'm thinking in painting the calipers myself.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Took Minimus Prime to work...
..installed lawn mower tires on rims. 96deg in MPLS. A\C worked like no other. I threw a can of Freon in the buggy before I went overseas. I faintly remember the Smarts losing charge. Got meat thermometer to 43... Yay me!

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Took Minimus Prime to work...
..installed lawn mower tires on rims. 96deg in MPLS. A\C worked like no other. I threw a can of Freon in the buggy before I went overseas. I faintly remember the Smarts losing charge. Got meat thermometer to 43... Yay me!
A/C nothing. That's a downright driving freezer. Haha

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

4181 - 4200 of 4202 Posts