Smart Car of America Forum banner

4201 - 4204 of 4204 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
The secret is in the sauce. Add enough Freon to the point where the condenser is freezing up
Well, right now I'm going to need to figure out wtf is wrong with the blower fan/motor in my 453. Went to my car to go to work yesterday afternoon, turned the A/C on, fan started up, and made the entire dashboard vibrate, with a rather small amount of air actually moving.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Something get in the fan and cause it to be off balance? Have had that happen in a car before. Other possibilities - the fan came lose from the motor shaft or a part of it broke off. All speculation and you most likely won’t know until you pull the fan. My 2016 453 was built 5 years ago next month. No fan issues so far at 35k.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Turns out it was a mouse nest... Or more nest to be... That was causing my blower issue. So I cleared all that out, replaced the cabin filter, and all is well.

Also just changed the spark plugs in my 453 yesterday. Look kinda bad, but considering they've been going for 85,000 miles... Could have probably been worse.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
306 Posts
Don't you love the ease of the changes on a 453 as opposed to the 451. It's almost like engineers from 2 different companies. Took wife and dog in Minimus to a fireworks display. Boy are things different with the advent of the Wuhan Flu. Ironic where the display came from too!

4201 - 4204 of 4204 Posts