Smart Car of America Forum banner

4381 - 4400 of 4445 Posts

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
I used an ozone generator to remove the smell of the previous owner's dog. Deep cleaning didn't work, changing the cabin filter didn't work, but this worked. Don't get me wrong, I love dogs and have two but the car is not the place for a dog unless you're heading to the vet or groomer (I don't think this one had been to the groomer lately :ROFLMAO:)

I also installed the under seat bass unit. Definitely not premium audio, but it sounds much better now.
I need that bass unit. Where can I get one and will it fit on my pure??

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I used an ozone generator to remove the smell of the previous owner's dog. Deep cleaning didn't work, changing the cabin filter didn't work, but this worked. Don't get me wrong, I love dogs and have two but the car is not the place for a dog unless you're heading to the vet or groomer (I don't think this one had been to the groomer lately :ROFLMAO:)
Sorry, Evelyn and I would Disgree.😎
20201030_151344.jpg

·
Registered
215 Posts
Tried out some floormats:

About $110; got them in 8 days from China, shipped EMS (2 day international air).
Sent them my VIN and '2006 Smart Fortwo' and apparently their robots had the 450 floor pan in their system...

·
Registered
968 Posts
Installed tires on steel wheels for the smartball run. Don't wanna ruin my precious alloy ones during the trip. View attachment 65965
Good idea? Although I prefer the look of the 17 inch wheel set I am just going with a 15 inch tire set for Smartball to give me a thicker side wall, It may save the rims from some of the hard impacts I expect to hit at 80 miles per hour..

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Good idea? Although I prefer the look of the 17 inch wheel set I am just going with a 15 inch tire set for Smartball to give me a thicker side wall, It may save the rims from some of the hard impacts I expect to hit at 80 miles per hour..
Yeah, and there are lots of stalking potholes waiting in every city/town we may pass by. Down in California i remember driving in a very bad road, I think was the 99... I bumped in every mile of it, I think they patch it by hand and compact the pavement with the feet. A steel rim will bend but won't break hitting very hard a hole or an irregularity on the road, and is cheaper/easier to replace, not the same with the alloy rims.

·
Registered
603 Posts

I also installed the under seat bass unit. Definitely not premium audio, but it sounds much better now.
Previous owner of my car had dogs. I ended up using clear packing tape to lift out all of the dog hair from the carpet.

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Previous owner of my car had dogs. I ended up using clear packing tape to lift out all of the dog hair from the carpet.
I used a lint roller which got most of it, but I may try packing tape this weekend to get the rest. One of mine is a German Shepherd which can produce and shed three dogs worth of hair per week, so I am still tracking it in the car on my shoes. At least after the ozone treatment, her nose isn't stuck to me like glue wondering where the dog is that I cheated on her with

·
Registered
695 Posts
Played with the different tune options on the Lorinser power pack for our 453 . Have to say , it really changes the way the motor feels . The first 3 levels I notice the engine is feeling like a basic factory set up but increases overall Mpg’s . The response is smooth and linear . The tune 4 puts a bit more grunt , but overall about as smooth as the first three settings , setting 5 and 6 you feel the motor pumping and ramping up the hp to the point you can feel those three cylinders working , It’s quite addictive . Gas mileage goes up on the first 4 settings , there is a slight drop on the 5-6 tunes, but it’s nominal (about 6-mpg ) .

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Took her on a date to Mercedes of Knoxville for an oil change, brake fluid change, air filter, and spark plugs. Feels like she gained 10HP
Only ever took my 453 to the dealer for an oil change once. After paying like $120 for it, went home, bought ramps, sockets to remove the oil filter cap and drain plug, and later on ordered the filter and drain plug seal ring. Oil I got from Walmart. Maybe $50 total for the filter, seal, and oil. Never had a brake fluid flush, still working just fine after 98,000 miles. Spark plugs I think I changed around the 75,000 mark because of a nasty misfire that, weirdly enough, only happened once (REALLY easy to tell when a cylinder isn't firing right when you only have 3. In combination with my lack of muffler, it sounded a bit like a Harley, but with barely enough power to pull a hill).

Should really clean my air filter... Keep forgetting that one.

Sent from my KB2005 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Only ever took my 453 to the dealer for an oil change once. After paying like $120 for it, went home, bought ramps, sockets to remove the oil filter cap and drain plug, and later on ordered the filter and drain plug seal ring. Oil I got from Walmart. Maybe $50 total for the filter, seal, and oil. Never had a brake fluid flush, still working just fine after 98,000 miles. Spark plugs I think I changed around the 75,000 mark because of a nasty misfire that, weirdly enough, only happened once (REALLY easy to tell when a cylinder isn't firing right when you only have 3. In combination with my lack of muffler, it sounded a bit like a Harley, but with barely enough power to pull a hill).

Should really clean my air filter... Keep forgetting that one.
It seems we have different approaches to preventive maintenance. Cheers.

4381 - 4400 of 4445 Posts