Smart Car of America Forum banner

4401 - 4420 of 4445 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Ordered Kumho Ecsta PS-31 tires
185/55 15 front 205/15 rear, for SmartBall run. Will install Monday.

Realized My SmartBall License Plate Frame blocks to much of my New York plate to run with. So that will be for photo ops only, No need to get pulled over or ticketed for Plate obscured or otherwise blocked from view.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Changed the oil on Minimus. Got Citgo full synthetic from Fleet Farm. Got a military discount and rebate on oil, ending up at $9 for 5qt jug. Filter was at Adv Auto Parts at $22 with discount. Got it down to a science to get the filter dropped. It says drain on the case so you can't get it wrong. Oil drop to filter can going back in 35mins tops!

·
Registered
268 Posts
My wife and myself along with about nine other So Cal Smartie members displayed out cars at the Orphan Car Show at the Automobile Driving Museum in El Segundo, CA. We had a good turnout of cars and it was great to see some of the So Cal Smartie members after being dark for over a year due to the pandemic. The ADM put on a nice event with a variety of different orphan car makes.

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Installed the Fanfare Horn...and what a difference it makes. I also repaired the right side service flap latch. I had ordered one form Amazon but even though it had a 451 part number it was nothing like the ones in my car. I'm hoping it holds as I don't want to have to disassemble the front end again.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Installed led fog lights(they are pre made not led bulbs in the factory housings)
now I’ve gotta upgrade the headlights as the fog lights out perform them.
Haven’t tried them out on the road but I backed it to the end of the driveway and wow they are impressive.

·
Registered
968 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Ran the Bosch 21" OE wiper through it's paces in a downpour. Heavily modified to accept the original mounting hardware... Still not paying MB prices though.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Had rear brake shoes installed. Althought the ABS light did not trigger it may be that I just wasn't going fast enough on the way home. I really would rather it stayed broken, especially with new pads and shoes. Just don't want a limp mode trigger along the way. but not gonna have no one messing around with that until I get back or possibly on the west coast. It was drizzling so I didn't get under the car and put on the new undertray. That may have been my last shot at that, looks like flex tape will be making the trip to California.

4401 - 4420 of 4445 Posts