Smart Car of America Forum banner

4421 - 4440 of 4445 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
I'm still concerned that MB didn't put disc all 4 corners. Old drums are easy to work on, but that doesn't fit the narrative of the Mother ship.

·
Registered
529 Posts
That's way better than the "blacked out" lenses of the 90'$. You couldn't see the headlights, much less the tails too! I look forward to the finished deal.

·
Super Moderator
1,719 Posts
Finished two year service on the second two Smarts below. Still need to do the brake fluid on the cabriolet. It is so easy to do the service on these cars. Almost everything is inspect this or check that. Doing the brake fluid and resetting the maintenance indicator are the hardest two things to do.

Len
2014 EV Coupe 21,500 miles
2014 EV Cabriolet 22,500 miles
2015 EV Coupe 20,000 miles

·
Super Moderator
1,719 Posts
Did the brake fluid on the cabriolet and reset the service reminder on all three Smarts. Doing the brake fluid is a big PIA for me and I even have a Speedibleed which makes it a one person operation. Maybe it's just the fact that everything else is so darn easy on the EV's that it makes the brake fluid flush seem like a harder job than it really is.

As for the service reminder, once I read my own instructions, that was an easy reset.

Len
2014 EV Coupe 21,500 miles
2014 EV Cabriolet 22,500 miles
2015 EV Coupe 20,000 miles

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Not going to work every day the car sat for a while. Then would not start. Removed the battery 10 volts said the Fluke. Took it to the parts store and got a new one. Will install that tomorrow.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Yeah it made a huge difference in how quiet the car is afterwards.
Also noticed a huge reduction in vibration.
Still gotta do the drivers side top mount(not sure how to get the air box out)

·
Registered
483 Posts
Bummer.
Took it on the first road trip.
240miles and I still have three bars left on the guage(that’s round trip after me driving it 19 miles from the gas station to fill up)

4421 - 4440 of 4445 Posts