Smart Car of America Forum banner
4481 - 4500 of 4537 Posts

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Readjusted my Go Pedal to full tilt boogie 1 red over 3 red dots after digesting a video on pedal response adjusters. I needed a little placebo boost. Lol worked wonders.... Car feels amazing just amazing I tell ya... Lol 🤣🤣🤣

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
Readjusted my Go Pedal to full tilt boogie 1 red over 3 red dots after digesting a video on pedal response adjusters. I needed a little placebo boost. Lol worked wonders.... Car feels amazing just amazing I tell ya... Lol 🤣🤣🤣
Hey twcom, what horn you installed in your car? I'm thinking in upgrading mine, want something louder

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Hey twcom, what horn you installed in your car? I'm thinking in upgrading mine, want something louder
I cannot tell you what my horn sounds like. I hit the Brake or the gas and grear shift. Ocasionally I fumble with the keys and hit the red alarm button, I know that sound but I really dont know what the straight horn sounds like. I would get a kick out of the Road Runners Meep Meep sound for my own memories. I am going to look for the horn today and paint it red.
And who do you be blowing at? lol.

·
Registered
627 Posts
If he’s like me he has to worry about people lane drifting.
Im so glad mine has dual(and loud)horns that the previous owner put on before I got it.

·
Registered
2008 Passion, now a 2016
327 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,857 Posts
Jim - question for you. When you had the nose off, can you tell me a little more please? I had some minor fender bender damage to the front and rear of my car. The front damage would entail replacing the colored panel right behind the license plate. The repair manual says that to replace that part, the entire front has to come including the fenders, headlights, daytime running lights, etc. First of all is that accurate and secondly if you had to do it, how bad of a job was that?

Len

·
Registered
2008 Passion, now a 2016
327 Posts
Jim - question for you. When you had the nose off, can you tell me a little more please? I had some minor fender bender damage to the front and rear of my car. The front damage would entail replacing the colored panel right behind the license plate. The repair manual says that to replace that part, the entire front has to come including the fenders, headlights, daytime running lights, etc. First of all is that accurate and secondly if you had to do it, how bad of a job was that?

Len
Len,
I've been watching your other thread about your Fender Bender, so rather than sidetrack this thread too far... I chose to answer this question over there.
Hope you don't mind.
Jim

·
Registered
8,413 Posts
@Jossejagguar , you didn't ask me, but I put in a pair of these when I had the nose off the car (installing a new grille and strobes).

View attachment 67245

Very pleased with them.
Jim

One our Mo-Kan members here. Had semi truck air horns under the hood of he‘s car. Those would wake you up!

·
Registered
2008 Passion, now a 2016
327 Posts
One our Mo-Kan members here. Had semi truck air horns under the hood of he‘s car. Those would wake you up!
Yeah, well I was looking for increased volume... not something that would act as an air brake. :)

By the way... back in the day (1978) I had the real thing too:

I'd give a million dollars to be able to drive just one more mile in that car with my wife's hand on mine.

Jim

·
Registered
8,413 Posts
Yeah, well I was looking for increased volume... not something that would act as an air brake. :)

By the way... back in the day (1978) I had the real thing too:

View attachment 67259

I'd give a million dollars to be able to drive just one more mile in that car with my wife's hand on mine.

Jim
Mine new 78 was a Chesterfield brown. Love that car.

My brother, had a 77 black one. He made a desk for his office, from a front clip.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Stripped the last piece I wanted from this 2013 ED donor. The perfectly clear pano roof will go on my sun-baked 2009 Brabus. There's still some odds and ends, plus the actual Electric Drive motor and transmission if anyone's interested. Located near Seattle.

·
Registered
627 Posts
^ what was you planing on doing with the drivetrain?
I’ve got a project I may be able to use it for.
I’m planning on making a mini me of the mobile lab from Jurassic park the lost world and would like to make it a electric drive when I do.

·
Registered
91 Posts
^ what was you planing on doing with the drivetrain?
I’ve got a project I may be able to use it for.
I’m planning on making a mini me of the mobile lab from Jurassic park the lost world and would like to make it a electric drive when I do.
Where are you located? I haven't looked to see what they sell for, but feel free to look into it and shoot me a message.

4481 - 4500 of 4537 Posts