Smart Car of America Forum banner
4581 - 4588 of 4588 Posts

·
Registered
Smart fortwo 451. 2012 petrol
23 Posts
Fitted some blue dust caps with Smart logo, also found some matching colour centre rings.
I fitted the rimblade Protectors about a month ago, wasn't sure if they were going to hold in place 😕
They are meant to be fitted to a completely flat surface but as you can see my wheels are not.
I ordered the light protection which is more for looks but should offer some protection for very minor curbing 😱. These allowed me to heat them up and push them into the recess, I have been on the motorway, "freeway" at around 70mph and so far they seem to be holding on very well.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Bicycle tire Synthetic rubber

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Synthetic rubber

·
Registered
378 Posts
Heard some noise coming from the rear brakes on my wife's 09 Pure with 30k miles. Pulled the right rear drum and fortunately, the linings and braking surface in the drum were just glazed. I sanded the braking surface in the drum as well as the brake lines which look to be about 50% worn. Tomorrow I will do the left side and clean everything up including the inside of the wheel cover and the inner part of the rim. I also aired up the tires & the spare stored behind the driver's seat.

4581 - 4588 of 4588 Posts