Smart Car of America Forum banner

961 - 980 of 4206 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Coco's first Road Trip

Drove back from the Lexington, NC Barbecue festival.

Heavy winds all the way back - still got 40 mpg running 75-80 most of the way!

Had a great time with some friends.

Back in Richmond waiting on Sandy's weather to arrive :eek:

Best of luck to those north and east of us.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
What did I do with my smart today:

Drove my 08 Passion coupe to smart coffee in Corona, CA. I had a nice chat over a large cup of coffee and a bagel with 12 other smart owners. We talked about future events and shared some of the new mods that were recently installed. The weather was picture perfect.

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
Max, our 08 cabrio, took us to the local trailhead for a bike ride which is a daily occurrence. However, after the trip, off to Lowes we went and filled Max to the brim with pansies and impatiens for the yard. It's still all new to us to plant beautiful flowers in the fall for the winter months:D People look at Max, then the cart of flowers, then back to Max.... well you know the drill.

All the while our families and friends from back home are hunkering down for the STORM.

·
He's not mine
9,614 Posts
I didn't have anywhere I needed to go. But, the weather here is gorgeous today! So, I put the top back and went for a ride. Thought I might see some rough water in the bay since it's a bit breezy. Failed to take into account the wind is offshore. The water was flat. Nice day for a drive though.

Shout out to those in the path of Sandy ... batten down, stay safe!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Lets see...I Foam Washed the Wifey's xB and left it on its own to air dry with De-Ionized water. The Brabus on the other hand got some love today! I Foamed & 2 bucket hand washed it, Hand & Air Dried with De-Ionized water, then proceeded to seal + hand wax the car with Adams Polishes Buttery Wax. Lastly I used spray sealant on the rims and hit the tires with Duplicolor Tire Shine Coating ~ Not a bad day for my little BB.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Ran a fused wire from a switched on fuse slot down to near my left foot about 3 months ago. I finally disconnected my DRLs from my parking lights and connected them to the switched wire so my DRLs come on as I turn on the key. Now I have to un-train myself from turning on the parking lights after I start up.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Well i finally relented and changed out the original batteries in my keys after over 4 and a half years
(almost forgot where i hid the other one)

On the original tag no 552; under the 27/11/2007 and 315MHz High Panic, there's a bar code
5407BB66 D765DE66 44 095260 00FB
Maybe someone can decipher it?

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
2,971 Posts
Drove from Beaumont to Spring, TX to spend the night with my brother and family so Jim can drop me at the airport tomorrow on his way back to Beaumont. I decided that I really dislike Houston traffic!
Going home to finish packing!

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
Bike ride and top down!

Put on the bike rack and bike so "silver" could take me to the trail for a 40 mi ride. Gave it a bath and a vacuum. It's in the high 70's today so top down is Nice:):)

·
Lifetime Member
11,307 Posts
One gallon of fuel left so I added some Techron and a swig of MMO then headed to the gas station. Put 20 miles on the car. Idles MUCH smoother. We'll see if it stays that way.

Also worked on the Rascal. Worked on polishing the fenders and replacing the roof vent cover. I need to wire it for 110V, install the AC/heater that just came in today and LED 12V lighting.

Friday I head out on the maiden voyage camping trip. Should put around 700 miles on the rig.

·
Lifetime Member
11,307 Posts
Sprayed off my car, didn't wash it though.

Sprayed the engine compartment, it was a mess. Pulled air filter and it was nasty, replaced it (you guys should always keeps spares), sprayed inside the air box and the intake tube. Cleaned the throttle body. Pulled plugs, checked gap and condition.

I've been having a horrible noise, turned out the air box was loose. I had to do some redneck engineering to shore it up but now it's quiet.

The car now runs smooth and quiet. I'm happy. :D Tomorrow I finish buffing out the fenders on my trailer and check the tire pressure. Thursday I detail the smart and buy provisions then Friday I hit the road for a fun filled few days of camping.

Checked the weather and I have decided not to install the A/C yet. Weather is going to be pretty nice.

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
2,971 Posts
Little Blue is staying busy taking Jim back and forth to work in Texas. I am going through withdrawal after getting to drive him everyday for a week. I won't even see Little Blue again until December.

·
Premium Member
2,744 Posts
Aside from normal errands, had to replace the low beams - both went out this morning. Replaced with Silverlight (Sylvania) ST-2's, and did the high beams at the same time with the Silverlight SU-2's.

961 - 980 of 4206 Posts