Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 199 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow Smart owners!

I have to admit we named this car. We have never named a car before, but this vehicle seems to beg a moniker.

Because it is very blue, we ended up naming her the blueberry. After 2 days, we added a second nickname, Beauregard.

Why Beauregard?

A friend commented that the car reminded him of the gum chewing character, Violet Beauregard, in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory after she blew up into a big blueberry! Our youngest daughter pointed out that Beauregard means "looks beautiful" in French.

And thus, our Smart is called either "the blueberry" or Beauregard.

I have noticed several posters calling their cars by a nickname.

What did you name your smart?

Holly - Indianapolis

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Blue Belle.

She's blue and a southern belle.

Though most think her name sounds like the ice cream. Guess you could say she's as cool as ice cream. ;)

·
Registered
467 Posts
Bumble Bee Jr. because she's yellow and black. Bumble Bee was taken already by her older brother, a Liquid Yellow/Black MINI who has since passed away :(

·
Registered
282 Posts
Not sure of a name yet, but she's definitely a lady. To swipe a couple of appropriate song titles "Hold on loosely" and "Treat her like a lady" both come immediately to mind as good mottos for getting the most out of my fortwo.

A light touch on the throttle and she performs a lot better than if you try to manhandle her.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Gigantor (from an old cartoon). I was going to do a personalized plate like this, but the abbreviations just didn't look right.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Bob You know like the short tail on a cat or the cut off kind of hair cut?

Just because I don't have him yet - I can still name him. (Unlike the delima my husband and I had over our youngest son).

Lady G
still waiting

·
Registered
216 Posts
Bob You know like the short tail on a cat or the cut off kind of hair cut?

Just because I don't have him yet - I can still name him. (Unlike the delima my husband and I had over our youngest son).

Lady G
still waiting

·
Lifetime Member
11,307 Posts
We thought and thought but the wife wanted to do something with Pods - finally after a gazillion kids called it the Wii car, we decided to just call it the WEE car. I've already got a non-custom plate that reads WEE7L so I just swapped it over. Now to figure out what the 7L could stand for. :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
my wife named my smart campbell. I pick up my red/black/black wednesday am. This is the first car she has ever named. just my luck.... well I guess so my smart is here!!!!!

will

1 - 20 of 199 Posts