Smart Car of America Forum banner

141 - 160 of 199 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
I've never been one to name my vehicles. Most begin with the word "the"; as in let's take the bike, let's take the smart, let's take the Jeep.

The only vehicle that was named was an old 1954 M38A1 Army Willys Jeep that my dad gave me when I was 14. It was OD green, stars, registration numbers on the hood, etc., the real deal. On the windshield was the Jeep's name; Mud Pie. Some soldier put it on there God know when.

I was referred to that name all through high school "Here comes Mud Pie !"

When the CB craze hit, I needed a handle, Mud Pie was a natural. When the online fourms hit, I needed a screen name. Mud Pie it was.

My "road name" with my motorcycle club is....you guessed it.

Never thought a name that some G.I. painted on a Jeep would stay with me since 1975.... :eek:

·
Registered
7 Posts
When we first got our Smart in April of 2009, we named it what it looked like. It looks like a Bulldog from the front, so its name is "Bulldog". Since getting the Smart, we have gotten two mascots for it. We have a small stuffed Lion that is appropriately named Leo and he is holding a smaller stuffed white bear cub named Yona. Yona is Cherokee for bear. They are sitting in the front passenger window in the corner and are small enough that they do not interfere with the outlook.

·
Premium Member
2,744 Posts
+1 on the not normally naming a vehicle, but after nearly three years of fun, a name finally came to me. Being a yellow '08, and now that I put in a Coga PA (63 fun tunes to widen people's eyes!), and after settling on a duck sound while doing the Old Town parade, "Rubber Duck" comes to mind...

·
Premium Member
10,363 Posts
141 - 160 of 199 Posts