Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our 2008 Fortwo Passion (cabriolet) is missing these side panels. I'd like to find replacements but don't know exactly what they are called.

IMG_20210328_135305.jpg

IMG_20210328_135245.jpg

As you see I need both right and left. I'm not used to forum posting so I Hope you can click on the thumbnail for a larger image. I didn't want to spam the post with two huge images.

I'd also love a Haynes manual but Haynes doesn't seem to make one. I haven't found the Chilton brand either. I've always had Haynes manuals and done all the work on my cars myself. Does anyone know of a company that makes detailed manuals for this car?

Thank you!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you gentlemen. I'm not prepared to buy a subscription yet just so I can get preliminary information such as identifying parts. Perhaps in the future if I have the part and need information on how to do the repair I'd consider it. In the meantime, you folks may see a lot more "What is this thing" posts from me. LOL

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I found thes
It's Funny you should post that because I was just coming back to post the very same thing! They have both the right and the left for 49.99 Much better price. Thanks. Even car-part.com didn't have anything close to it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thank you gentlemen. I'm not prepared to buy a subscription yet just so I can get preliminary information such as identifying parts. Perhaps in the future if I have the part and need information on how to do the repair I'd consider it. In the meantime, you folks may see a lot more "What is this thing" posts from me. LOL
Our 2008 Fortwo Passion (cabriolet) is missing these side panels. I'd like to find replacements but don't know exactly what they are called.

View attachment 65900

View attachment 65899

As you see I need both right and left. I'm not used to forum posting so I Hope you can click on the thumbnail for a larger image. I didn't want to spam the post with two huge images.

I'd also love a Haynes manual but Haynes doesn't seem to make one. I haven't found the Chilton brand either. I've always had Haynes manuals and done all the work on my cars myself. Does anyone know of a company that makes detailed manuals for this car?

Thank you!
There used part sites. I go an ac/heater blower easily& a windshield reservoir. For starters- Examples-
Salvage yards for Smarts | Smart Car of America Forum
https://www.smartcarofamerica.com › threads › salvage.

smart Parts Marketplace | Smart Car of America Forum
INE parts source for the ED? | Smart Car of America Forum
More results from www.smartcarofamerica.com

·
Registered
119 Posts
When installing these side panels there are also several clips to be replaced ( both sides). Wait for a warm day to install, much easier then dealing with stiff plastic.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts