Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m trying to determine what “options” come with the “Passion” level upgrade.
Are there standard items that come with that level upgrade?
Thanks,
Larry in East China Mi.

·
Super Moderator
29,391 Posts
Same car mechanically, but 3-spoke wheel, alloy wheels, A/C standard, power windows standard, paddle shifters (unless factory cruise control was ordered on 2011 or later 451s). :)

·
Registered
331 Posts
What did those numerical designations mean?
Radio 9 is the base radio consisting of two door speakers, am/fm/ & a single disk c/d player. Radio 10 adds two tweeters, and a 6 disk c/d changer plus an amplifier mounted under the drivers seat. You can easily tell which radio is installed because the Radio 10 has silver paint surrounding the display screen and the Radio 9 does not.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep! I’ve got a “9”! Gonna to look into adding a Sony AXV-AX7000 like I’ve installed in my Harley.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Also found that I’ve got a glass roof! Neat!! Heated seats, power heated mirrors. This car was rather heavily loaded!
I can’t believe it was almost $15K back in ‘08 and I’m getting it for $1500!!

·
Registered
603 Posts
Also found that I’ve got a glass roof! Neat!! Heated seats, power heated mirrors. This car was rather heavily loaded!
Polycarbonate (plastic roof) which unfortunately isn't immune to the ravages of ultraviolet damage over the years. Still, it's a nice feature.

·
Registered
84 Posts
In the UK the 'Passion' model is confusing. A Passion 451 which I had was a high trim model in the 451 range, with alloy wheels and panoramic roof and with many extras included, but when we bought our Passion 453, same name but it is a lower trim model with alloy wheels but a solid roof and alloy wheels, but with a lot less extras than higher trim 453's. Funny Smart using the same Passion name, yet denoting a lower and a higher trimmed car.

451....Pure, Pulse, Passion, Brabus
453....Pure, Passion, Prime, Brabus

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good Morning, I was able to de-code my V.I.N. I was able to find all of the options the car was built with. I also was able to determine the build date and a lot of other information. It’s nice to be able to locate all of the info on your vehicle!

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
Passion 451..... Leather heated seats option, AC, power windows, a radio, plus a radio 10, subwoofer upgrade, panoramic plastic roof, 3 spoke steering wheel, paddle shifters, auto rain sensor wipers, tach and clock pods, fog lamps, a variety of alloy wheels, cabrio choice, Brabus package.

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
How many miles on your car. It’s a 13 year old car.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
A case of the right place at the right time! Saw it on eBay, he also was selling it locally. I called and spoke with him and made an offer and he accepted it. Motor doesn’t run, not exactly sure what that means, but if I have to replace the motor I’ll do that. I want to use it behind a class A motor home. I’m having an 26’ aluminum trailer made. It’ll haul my brides CanAm Spyder, my triked Harley and the Smart, driving it on sideways in the very front of the trailer. (Open trailer). The body and interior looks new! Color is “Shine-Yellow” according to the build sheet. It’s a Passion level car. Interior is red and gray. With not a mark on anything.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I was looking on my “build sheet” today. Under the “clock and rev counter, there was an “/ammeter package”. Where is the ammeter located on the dash, I haven’t seen it in any pics of the dashboard?

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
I was looking on my “build sheet” today. Under the “clock and rev counter, there was an “/ammeter package”. Where is the ammeter located on the dash, I haven’t seen it in any pics of the dashboard?
Not sure what your talking about. What you looking at? What build sheet?

the pods, are a clock, and rev counter. Never heard of a ammeter on a smart car. Unless it’s the EV version! That would have that gauge.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts