Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the dealer install a Kenwood navigation system that includes iPod, satellite radio, DVD, and CD. Today, the dealer installed the tach/clock units and the "ashtray", which will be used as a coin holder.

What have others had installed?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Get an under the seat box for more storage options. It's a BMW part mentioned previously on here. I'll see if I can find the part #.
ALSO- I just received my "trunk organizer" previously mentioned on this site under "Boot/Trunk Box". It fits PERFECTLY and will prevent those grocery bags from sliding around! It's from onlineproductsusa.com or visit their ebay site. It's great!
Today I ordered the sunglasses holder off ebay because it was a good price. I also ordered a smart Luggage Cover for $199 and an armrest from http://www.armrest-autoaccessories.com/pb/wp_84282c74/wp_84282c74.html for $110.

UPDATE: Under seat storage is BMW Part number is 52.10.7.044.958. Should be about $16~$20. Actually called a "first aid kit box".

My "extras" are more functional in nature I guess. I already have the dash mounted GPS/ MP3 player/ bluetooth phone dialer... That's enough technolgy for my little car! :)

·
Registered
341 Posts
Um, I bought some floor mats for $19.95. And a blanket for the back so my dog doesn't shed on the carpets. :D

That being said, I do see myself upgrading to a DVD/CD/GPS/iPod/Bluetooth audio unit at some time in the relatively near future.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Current add on's...

AVIC D3 w/ bluetooth
'Stubby Antenna' - to replace the super long stock one
Custom seat belt pads that say 'smart', with the moving forward logo
Trunk organizer from Rola
LED turn signals for mirrors
Polk Audio DB675's to replace stock speakers
Dealer mats

and just ordered LED pods to place under the dash for some ambient, rather than paying ~$500 for the Brabus ones ;)

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
599 Posts
Dealer floor mats
Dealer trunk cover and cargo netting
Dealer glasses holder
Rola trunk organizer
Tinted windows
Short stubby antenna
Doug Thorley exhaust
Changed from red panels to black

Also upgrading to radio 10 soon!
:D

·
Premium Member
10,363 Posts
I added a cargo organizer that is black and can zippered closed. This lets put things in the back so they can not be seen. The black blends in with the dark engine cover and it has Velcro on the bottom that keeps it from moving around. :)

I am planning other things for the future.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Window rain/air deflector

I would like to put a rain deflector at the top of the windows on my SMART. Does anyone know where I might get one? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
29,148 Posts
Came with the car (an orphan from Cleveland): smart velour carpets, rear cargo cover & the dreaded LoJack.

Added since then: rear brake pulser from webelectricproducts.com [a must have IMHO]
Rear cargo box, $15 from Target
Headlight Armor vinyl covers on the headlights
Removable XM radio receiver
Car cover

Waiting on: cruise control from Area451.com (?)
cat back muffler (?)

·
Registered
596 Posts
Airhorn
ScanGauge
O.E. rubber floor mats
Rear O.E. (flimsy) "Cargo organizer - plastic tray, but helps keep things in place
Canadian (flimsy) arm rest, still would rather have than not
5-bulb rear compartment tap-on LED's
Painted grille surround
Painted lower body panels
Doug Thorley Exhaust
Trimmed rear splash panel to show off SS muffler
Two new rear rims on front
Four rims powder painted
Painted rear drums and disc brake hubs and edges of rotors
Wheel locks
Former front tire/wheel as spare with jack and lug wrench
Airtabs (6 rear, 3 under front)
4 Michelin 185/60-15 tires
2 new TPS sensors for added wheels
110 Mobile one filter
Stick-on spot mirrors
Car Cover

One underseat BMW storage bin is on the way to me

And this is only with 2400 miles.

·
Banned
844 Posts
i just put in a cell phone jammer (found out it also kills my GPS reception as well)
a pioneer AM/FM/CD unit

hoping to install:
Scan Gauge2
Thorley exhaust
intake system

·
Admin emeritus
3,974 Posts
-Blacked out headlights (interior of headlight)
-HID 10,000K headlamps,
-Stubby antenna
-Lloydmats all black and also black with red (2 sets)
-Extra set of black body panels (not installed yet)
-Sound Deadening of entire vehicle (not installed yet)
-Powdercoated factory wheels

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hey now,

For me, I got to the dealer right before they got a chance to roll the Smartie into the "accessory" shop. As a result, the only extras that I got was the factory options (Premium Sound, Comfort Package & Blue Paint). I also opted for the 75K extended warranty with the tire and wheel coverage as well. :D

·
Registered
596 Posts
what purpose do the airtabs serve and any pics installed or writeups?
When I first got my smart I didn't like the way the wind off 18 wheelers or spring storms blew me around. I searched the Canadian site since they have had smarts for years and found some threads that said that Airtabs helped a little in combating this. For such a low cost I figured why not. So I bought 9 at about $3 each. Put six across the rear of the top above the rear window and the remaining three under the front end on the splash pan.

$64,000 question - do they work? I don't know for sure because no road driving is a controlled test. I think I feel more secure, but on a 1-10 scale, no more than a 3. You can go to AirTabs and read about and see. I have an engineer friend at Kenworth that has tested them and their comment was - "not much gain, but they don't hurt". I also thought they might keep the back window cleaner, but again not sure since after cutting the rear splash panel to show off Doug Thorley I get more spray pulling up on window, so I fixed it - Rain X.

What really has helped tame my car was the four, quality, larger tires. They really make it more comfortable driving the interstate next to big trucks. Not hands off, but not white knuckle either. Disclaimer - smart would not approve of these wheel or tire changes and probably would void warranty on anything tires/wheels could affect: brakes, suspension, transmission, to name a few.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Let's see - so far we've added floor mats (somewhere around $5 or so from WalMart), a 2-piece windshield screen (about $5 or so from WalMart), and a base plate and tow bar from Blue Ox - considerably more than $5 :D

1 - 20 of 34 Posts