Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what that plastic under belly skid plate looking thing is for and where can I get a new one lol. it looks like its two parts one for up front and one for the rear. What is it there for ? is there something under there that its protecting ?. The wife and I full time RV and we have been carrying the Smart on the back of our big truck with a custom bed that I designed for a jeep as the Smart will go in the trailer / toy hauler. any way the smart sits so low that when I loaded it onto the big truck the ramp caught that plastic thing on the bottom and messed it up a little LOL. So that is why I need a new one.

·
17,350 Posts
It helps keep water, salt, and other debris from the underbody. Probably improves aerodynamics under the car a little too.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
The words "Mercedes" and "reasonable (price)" are rarely found in the same sentence.
Not always true. As an owner of 24 and 38 year Benz autos, I have frequently bought official Mercedes parts at very reasonable prices. In fact, sometimes cheaper than the same parts listed on eBay. Neither of my cars were top of the line models. For those, prices are higher. Several years ago I bought a set of all weather floor mats similar to the ones for smart and the dealer price was only $49, no discount. Weather Tech was higher and not as nice. Not saying this is true in all cases, as we have seen what appear to be astronomical prices for some smart parts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts