Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello does anybody know the oem part numbers of the oil filter kit wich includes washers for a 2017 dct smart for two. what oil does Smart recommend. and should I change this after the first 1,000 miles.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Not certain if any U.S. vendors, other than a smart dealer, offer engine oil filters for the 453 smart. Some have purchased them from an overseas source. I purchased mine from the dealer. As for the oil, your manual will give you that information. Besides Mercedes oil specs, there are lots of personal preferences as to brand.

·
Registered
151 Posts
The '16's had two builds, using different oil filters.

Mine is the later second build, and uses a Hengst E823H D263. I'm certain the '17 ICE uses the same item as well.

A shout out to my parts guy Jeff, he has great prices and has done it for 40+ years. Import Auto Supply 954-643-0913 in Fl.

SubRosa

·
Registered
52 Posts
The '16's had two builds, using different oil filters.

Mine is the later second build, and uses a Hengst E823H D263. I'm certain the '17 ICE uses the same item as well.

A shout out to my parts guy Jeff, he has great prices and has done it for 40+ years. Import Auto Supply 954-643-0913 in Fl.

SubRosa
Thank you. I'll write that down in my car log. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts