Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Being car/truck fanatics ourselves, I would love to see what others have adopted besides our beloved smart orphans we have all come to love.
Here is our other orphan that we built from the ground up. She is a 1985 samurai that was originally an awful grey when we rescued her that we put some blood sweat and tears into. Her name is Lincoln and she is like our “Stinky” 451 become part of the family.
Please share your other rides, would love to see what other members have in their arsenal. Maybe a corvette, or my dream car 1965 SS Chevelle
In either case, Thank you for stopping by, please be safe and remember smiles are contagious, so do your best to infect others with a smile....
Paula

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Beautiful vehicle!
Thank you, took almost a year of welding floor pans and finding parts to get her together. Thank God for career to pay for these toys.
My hopes are to entice someone who owns a 1965 Chevelle to pop in here so my heart can melt a little.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Already have a thread for this, although it's a bit old: What else do you drive??????. :)
Jwhite good morning,
Please forgive me for a duplicate thread on this subject. I went back a little but apparently missed the existing one.

Our current project for a build And my daily driver is our 2015 passion with the following upgrades to commence.
All four corners wheels and spacers and TMPS on order, double din Pioneer AVH-NEX with poke speakers to add, Im working on soldering the connectors today, cold air intake from smart madness to be installed, rear Brabus apron, top spoiler on order, Panimex side skirts from smart madness to be installed, pod tac and clock on order, smart madness pod faces just arrived.
Exhaust was just installed Solo cat back double tip which sounds awesome and has given new life to my little stinky. This project is no where near our Sami, but the Sami is more garage kept verses a daily driver.
I plan on sharing all the projects with the community in hopes of helping others with their projects.
Thank you Sr. for your time and interest
Warmest regards,
Paula

·
Registered
626 Posts
Our 1989 Lincoln LSC w GTC body kit , took me 7 years to restore .. owned since 1990. Lots of hard work , stripping painting , mechanical etc..... labor of love .. still have a few more updates as I go .

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I guess I can join the party. Some I still have, some I have sold in the last couple of years. View attachment 62514 View attachment 62515 View attachment 62516 View attachment 62517 View attachment 62518
George good evening,
Ok now I see something, besides your Brabas that is absolutely Gorgeous....the blue Ford Roadster WOW WOW WOW. Talk about a labor of love, I melt when I see one of those. Is that a 1927-28? We have one my bay in our garage that She would look nice occupying. I promise not to drive her fast “I’m a good liar” lol.
Thank you for sharing, they all deserve a round of applause.

·
Registered
54 Posts

Family hauler 2009 Mercedes ML63 AMG.

Gradual project for my son and I, a 1965 Corvair Corsa sold new in the small town I live in. The original owner, according to the Protect-o-plate, lived just a few miles from my house. This is my 6th Corvair, and I'm hoping to have it roadworthy this spring.
I could go on and on with previous smart, Mercedes, and Volvos I've had over the years.

·
10Year+ Supporting Member
3,493 Posts
Is that a Morgan 3 wheeler? Didn't even know you could buy one in the states. I saw one when the gumball rally was paying through NYC a few years back. I'm a sucker for those
It's actually a JZR, a 1983 model. Built in England with a Honda CX650 motorcycle engine. You can buy a new Morgan 3W but I think you may have to bring it in yourself. It will be registered as either a motorcycle or an autocycle depending on the state. My car is registered in Florida as a 1983 Honda motorcycle because of the donor engine and transmission.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
View attachment 62528
Family hauler 2009 Mercedes ML63 AMG.
View attachment 62529
Gradual project for my son and I, a 1965 Corvair Corsa sold new in the small town I live in. The original owner, according to the Protect-o-plate, lived just a few miles from my house. This is my 6th Corvair, and I'm hoping to have it roadworthy this spring.
I could go on and on with previous smart, Mercedes, and Volvos I've had over the years.
Corsa 1965, The year that was make or break for chevy with the Corvair due to the hoped up version of the Ford Falcon, I mean Mustang. Incredible find there. Does she have the Turbocharged 180hp option in her? Nice find and a wonderful project to share with your Son.
Would love to see at your convenience a couple more pictures of the dash as well as the engine bay.
Thank you for sharing.
Paula

1 - 20 of 46 Posts