Smart Car of America Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Paula, your car looks like a stealth fighter jet with that color.... nice!
OK, I have been holding back but now I need to show off my other ride..... its a little slippery at times, burns a lot of petrol, but also a lot of fun!
OMG Y’all with the palm trees in your pictures is making me very jealous especially since it was a balmy 16 degrees up here in New York.
I love your water camper and the palm trees in the background “Argh”. We also have one but up here the boating season is short and I feel your pain regarding fuel! My husband spends a lot of time filling 5 gallon cans and bringing it too the dock.
My little stinky Smart is Matt metallic Gray no clear coat.
Thanks for showing your other beautiful ride.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Thank you for taking the time to provide some much desired pictures. The 180 Turbo had that brushed aluminum dash that gave it a European sporty look. The 140 is still a very sexy machine.
I would love to follow this build as the Corvair was always one of my favorites.

·
Registered
54 Posts
No longer have my '66 Corsa, but I did save the 4x1 carb setup and the hubcaps... :)
Oh? When I bought my car, four disassembled carbs were included in a box. I don't think I could put a complete carb together with the parts I have. Interested in selling what you have left? As for wheel covers, I have two sets of 14" aftermarket wheels to choose from. A set of 3-pc Southern Ways Epsilon and the set I'll probably run, Carrol Shelby Industries Mini Europas.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
You have got to be kidding me, that is drop dead gorgeous. What I love most, besides the entire Jeep is the scooped hood as well as the front push bar “Showing my age now”
But to top the climax, it’s the same color as my favorite nail polish. Can’t wait to see the smart, wonderful all around, thank you so much for sharing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thank you. it's a jeep so it will never truly be finished lol. I got my smartie because I was tired of 12mpg in the jeep lol. But after 2 years of driving the smartie I decided the time had come to customize it. So besides the paint matching everything else will be exact opposite of the jeep. So it's going to get lowered, larger wheels, etc. You get the idea. Because right now they just clash lol
inCollage_20200105_112728568.jpg

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Thank you. it's a jeep so it will never truly be finished lol. I got my smartie because I was tired of 12mpg in the jeep lol. But after 2 years of driving the smartie I decided the time had come to customize it. So besides the paint matching everything else will be exact opposite of the jeep. So it's going to get lowered, larger wheels, etc. You get the idea. Because right now they just clash lol View attachment 62556
Your smartie is going to look like a jelly bean, So cute. Loving the choice of colors and matching them. I hope you post some pictures

·
Registered
9,026 Posts
.".here you go...
2012 cabrio...the bride's ride
2009 Silver Bullet...hair dryer installed in 2010 by Barney Motor Sport 97rwhp...
1965 Mustang..on the road for the past 20years..5 years restoration
1975 VW Thing 2 year restoration 4 years on the road...0 to 60 eventually
Factory Five Racing 818S...350HP on 2000 lbs car...0 to 100 under 10 seconds....hold on to your hat...

Jetfuel...not done yet..

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
.".here you go...
2012 cabrio...the bride's ride
2009 Silver Bullet...hair dryer installed in 2010 by Barney Motor Sport 97rwhp...
1965 Mustang..on the road for the past 20years..5 years restoration
1975 VW Thing 2 year restoration 4 years on the road...0 to 60 eventually
Factory Five Racing 818S...350HP on 2000 lbs car...0 to 100 under 10 seconds....hold on to your hat...

Jetfuel...not done yet..
View attachment 62557 View attachment 62558 View attachment 62559 View attachment 62560 View attachment 62561
One of your beautiful cars is our dream car. The Kubelwagon/ thing has been one of those elusive cars we have been searching for. We would love to get a project and start from the ground up. Paint it Feldgrau (field gray) add an MG34, some bread bags, a couple of Petro cans hanging off the side and participate in the re-enactments that are held every Memorial Day at the American museum of armor.
Thank you for sharing, have a safe happy weekend.
Paula

·
Registered
626 Posts
The yellow thing reminded me to post up my officially antique 1988 S-10. I bought new and immediately did a lowrider . It’s been slammed all it’s life went thru 5 color changes till I settled on Electric Yellow . Still sporting the original 2.5 liter , 205,000 miles and running fine .

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
Well there have been a couple of changes since the last time I played. After 50 years of being a true car nut and owning several weird machines (b4 digital cameras unfortunately) retirement and the "happy wife is a happy life" syndrome sitting in I down to just these:

My summer home (on wheels) Max the BoConcept Cabriolet in tow)

The Gurgie twins (2001 series 1 Audi TT roadster and series 2 Audi TT roadster). This pic was taken a year ago when I still had the Fiat Abarth Cabriolet (one in the garage).

21 - 40 of 46 Posts