Smart Car of America Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
The yellow thing reminded me to post up my officially antique 1988 S-10. I bought new and immediately did a lowrider . It’s been slammed all it’s life went thru 5 color changes till I settled on Electric Yellow . Still sporting the original 2.5 liter , 205,000 miles and running fine .
Good morning,
I’m happy you reposted this beautiful classic S10. It appears to be a labor of love and something to be proud of having owned it from the beginning.
We have owned two S10’s in our tenure. The first was a 1999 S10 four door 4x4 that I’m here to say was one of the best trucks we have ever owned. Shame it was totaled by a Drunk driver. I would still have it today if it survived. The next was a 2001 S10 XTREME blazer that was given to my Nephew for his graduation. That blazer looked cool, but had a mountain of OEM suspension issues where it spent more time @ the “Stealer” under warranty than it was worth.
Both had the V6 Vortec which in my eyes was a bulletproof engine. I wish I could have put that engine in my Suzuki. They do make a kit for that particular engine swap, but there are too many projects on the burner.
Your yellow S10 is a classic, thank you for sharing.
Have a safe happy weekend
Paula

·
Registered
9,026 Posts
Thank you guys
...the Minion is like no other VW out there...what once was plastic in the interior is now ultra leather...full carpet and some other high class add on...
Here full top or bikini top to match your mood for the week

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Being car/truck fanatics ourselves, I would love to see what others have adopted besides our beloved smart orphans we have all come to love.
Here is our other orphan that we built from the ground up. She is a 1985 samurai that was originally an awful grey when we rescued her that we put some blood sweat and tears into. Her name is Lincoln and she is like our “Stinky” 451 become part of the family.
Please share your other rides, would love to see what other members have in their arsenal. Maybe a corvette, or my dream car 1965 SS Chevelle
In either case, Thank you for stopping by, please be safe and remember smiles are contagious, so do your best to infect others with a smile....
Paula
View attachment 62495 View attachment 62496 View attachment 62497
I own a 1998 Ford contour which I named "Untamable". I purchased it back in 2010, it just needs brake lines and a flex pipe.
20200531_184316.jpg

Then there's "Shark", a 2013 Chevrolet sonic that I just bought in February to replace my old warrior "Untamable".
20200531_184221.jpg

And this is "Grasshopper Mouse", my pride and joy. "Grasshopper Mouse" is a 2013 smart fortwo pure, an ex-car2go that I bought in 2018 and since then I've been modding it.
20200527_190710~3.jpg

·
Registered
333 Posts
Nice mods... does the spoiler help keep the back from sliding out during high speed turns? Or is it just a traction thing?

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Nice mods... does the spoiler help keep the back from sliding out during high speed turns? Or is it just a traction thing?
Thanks!! Don't know yet, I haven't driven it at high speeds. But they say the spoiler helps to keep the car on the ground and gives it stability. I wouldn't turn at high speeds since the car itself is tiny and lightweight and could flip over.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts