Smart Car of America Forum banner

301 - 320 of 320 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,763 Posts
I'll bet someone said something like that about Edison as he was eliminating light bulb filament material.
At least Litto Devil and followers get some enjoyment out of his gambols. AND HEY! It's no worse than Gambling, and probably more fun, and he is stimulating the economy with out promoting the gambling industry. Whoo, Hoo!

·
Registered
11,471 Posts
I'll bet someone said something like that about Edison as he was eliminating light bulb filament material.
At least Litto Devil and followers get some enjoyment out of his gambols. AND HEY! It's no worse than Gambling, and probably more fun, and he is stimulating the economy with out promoting the gambling industry. Whoo, Hoo!
True.....just hate to see him put in all the $$ and time and not get some "cruising" enjoyment out of it :)

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #312
Hi guys :) Sorry I've been gone.. or.. hmm.. disappeared... lots of things been happening in my life and I just never got around to resizing more of those pics I took but instead... I'll jump ahead to say the car IS.. yes IT IS RUNNING and I had just logged 2000 miles on the new engine as of yesterday.. so yes it's been running for a while now.

I had gotten a speeding ticket the first day I took it out.. AGAIN.. if you guys don't remember.. I got a speeding ticket the first day when the engine was rebuilt the first time.. this is the second time it's been rebuilt and I got a ticket again.. the first day.. call it bad luck or deprived of driving my smart car haha...

Next step is to get the stand alone ECU to run alongside with the factory ECU and dump the turbo system that has been fully coated by Swain Tech back into the car.

At least I know with the factory exhaust.. all that crazy o-ring, custom new designed valve train for the head.. larger valves, lower compression pistons.. forged rods.. new sleeves.. lighter than the previous light flywheel all works!!!

Engine has been fully broken in.. clutch motor and transmission gears has been relearned using MB's STAR Diagnosis system.. and I've been enjoying the car.. along with new wheels and KW V2 suspension during the 2000 mile break in process.. :)

I promise to post more pictures as I get more time but... if you guys have facebook and want to keep tabs on what I do on a normal basis... and.. incase you can't see the picture I linked below... http://www.facebook.com/littodevil

If you do add me.. send me a message so I know your not just some random facebook stalker haha..

Larry

·
Registered
4,297 Posts
Well its been over a month now since your last post Larry... Any luck blow'n air into that cow yet or is it still NA ?? That had to be embarrasing getting a speeding ticket with what, a 8 1/2 to 1 compression motor and no boost...
...that's gotta be a real turd performance wise...
Please, bring us up to speed....:D

Happy 4th

·
Registered
4,297 Posts
A post from davemt74 from another thread:
"What he did for me, he really doesn't have the time to do or really the desire to do anymore. He just doesn't have the time. He travels 2 weeks out of every month and runs 2 businesses. There is just not enough money in it for him to do Smart projects for him to use whatever spare time he has doing it. That's why you don't see him anymore. I'm not saying he won't help someone out on the forum with a particular problem, they would just have to shoot him an email and see what he says. However, I can assure you he is not interested too much Smart stuff right now. His car was a personal challenge and I was lucky enough to have him help me out."

Sorry to hear Larry has lost interest in the Smart brand...:(

·
Registered
148 Posts
Sorry to hear Larry has lost interest in the Smart brand...:(
I think it's more like Larry lost interest in the fact that certain people on here take the fun out of things.:rolleyes: You can't share any impressive accomplishments without going out of your way to show proof. I'm sure there are people on here that are not going to believe anything unless they see proof, but not everybody feels that they need to go out of their way and do things just to satisfy these peoples' desires. It's more fun to share your accomplishments with people that know you, trust you, and are proud of you, rather than people that are constantly questioning your credibility. Larry loves the Smart Car and loves to help out others who have enthusiasm in making their Smart Cars even more fun. The turbo setup he built for me was everything he promised and more. Those interested in getting any kind of technical advice or personal work done to their car should send him a PM, go to his Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/littodevil, or send him an email.:wink:

·
Registered
17 Posts
LittoDeviL

I would be willing to write custom software for your specific setup using the stock ecu. Let me know if you are interested, Thank you.

301 - 320 of 320 Posts