Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I reserved mine in April 08 and the DDE gives me nothing but

"Your vehicle delivery date cannot be estimated at this time."

SmartShanna reserved her 2nd car with a 1600+ almost 1000 more then me and its spitting back dates for her. Anyone have any incite to this?

·
Registered
555 Posts
I reserved mine in April 08 and the DDE gives me nothing but

"Your vehicle delivery date cannot be estimated at this time."

SmartShanna reserved her 2nd car with a 1600+ almost 1000 more then me and its spitting back dates for her. Anyone have any incite to this?
Sorry piglith, but I'm in the same boat. We ordered our second in March of this year and I am still getting that annoying message. If you you find out why, please let me know.:(

·
Registered
422 Posts
Reserved about the middle of Febuary, at a dealership. Same message as you today and every day. I've been told by a smart rep (smart phone line) that my zip code has not yet been assigned to a dealer. The rep suggested that I check the DDE every month or so, wtf. Like I'm going to stop checking it each and every day?! Not very likely.:smad:

·
Registered
861 Posts
ok, you newbie reservists have to settle down, don't even worry about that DDE, it's a joke, just sit back and wait, and wait, and wait....and in about 12 more months if you don't see anything get on the horn. I placed my order March 30 2007 and didn't get my car until May 15th 2008 so you better be prepared to wait or get on the Orphan list.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I'm both willing to wait for the one I want and on the orphan list, just in case a car like the one I'd order comes available ;). It would just be nice to have my Zip code assigned to a dealer like most everyone else. Even if the DDE told me two years :eek: I'd at least feel they were aware that I'm out there, waiting, wishing, ....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Is it even worth worrying about the DDE when you haven't gotten the confirmation email for finalizing your order yet? The final confirmation took a few months after I reserved online last year, so the DDE probably won't give you accurate info anyway until you've confirmed the order. Or has that step already occurred (I wasn't clear from the post).

·
Registered
422 Posts
Nope, no C & C yet, and I realize the DDE information isn't to accurate. But the message we're getting coupled with what I've been told by the smart Rep. about not being assigned to a dealer does concern me. I understand from other threads that you can choose/change your dealership at C & C. but if they don't see me as assigned to someone to begin with do I stay in smart limbo while others are invited to comfigure? Just not sure why they are putting some areas on hold. Maybe they plan to open more dealerships and assign us to them but I kind of doubt it. Maybe this area is on hold because a 3 hour flatbed tow would be costly should the car break down but I don't think this would be the reason. Perhaps they just haven't gotten around to our zip codes yet, most likely. I'm sure they will get to us at some point, it's just a bit of an uneasy feeling in limbo land.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
other posts have indicated that the DDE will not be showing date or month estimates if your vehicle is more than 18 months out. anyone reserving now, be prepared to wait up to 2 years. if it comes sooner you'll be pleasantly surprised.

to those who don't have dealers in their area - use an address within a known smart dealership area as i don't think there are any grand plans to double the # of dealerships anytime soon.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Rawlusa, I agree I'm sure they won't be adding a bunch of new dealers, not enough cars to go around as it is. I've thought of using my nieces address she's just minutes from the dealer I wish to work with. Don't know how well they deal with address changes though, don't think it would require a new reservation date. Oh, who am I kidding, I'll just continue waiting for my zip to get out of limbo. Would be interesting to know how an address change would effect a DDE and C & C though.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Agent99, don't get me wrong. I definitely feel your pain. I waited 7 months last year just to hear from smart to confirm after I reserved my car in March '07. I'm almost convinced that the smart company is actually run by a bunch of Buddhist monks in Tibet who are trying to teach buyers extreme levels of patience through Zen principles.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Agent99, don't get me wrong. I definitely feel your pain. I waited 7 months last year just to hear from smart to confirm after I reserved my car in March '07. I'm almost convinced that the smart company is actually run by a bunch of Buddhist monks in Tibet who are trying to teach buyers extreme levels of patience through Zen principles.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

·
Registered
19 Posts
other posts have indicated that the DDE will not be showing date or month estimates if your vehicle is more than 18 months out. anyone reserving now, be prepared to wait up to 2 years. if it comes sooner you'll be pleasantly surprised.
well thats me - actually i don't mind as i hope most all bugs will have been worked out by then. i figure a 2010 model year. hate to say this to all you "smarties": maybe something better will show up! (jeez - did i just say that - DOWN! - incoming!) like an electric smart. 70 mile range would work perfect for me - 60 mile commute with the ability to plug in at work! i'll use the honda element for longer trips/larger interior need trips and "the beast" (1 ton diesel van - 19.2 mpg last week) for mega needs like pullin the boat or camping! ok - let me have it! :cool:
p.s. - i'm getting a pure with little or no additions! i'd like a radio but i know they will try to sell me an over priced unit or try to talk me into a passion. i'll just get a cheap after market unit with mp3 input and good speakers then play the ipod and also listen to "conservative talk" am - ok now i'm ready for the spam!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts