Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These slots are under the center dash on the passenger side. It looks like something could/should clip onto this area. Anyone know what that could be?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought those just fit into the cup holders. I would like it if it slides right into those slots.

·
Super Moderator
11,309 Posts
I have the CD holder, never used it. I saw where someone made a flexible arm that was mounted to the slots and used it to hold his phone so he could see it while driving. .. Not for texting I'm sure but maybe for navigation ??

·
Registered
208 Posts
The image that was posted, is what Smart referred to as fold out 'storage area'. Those slots are for the mounting that option. It swivels out on the passenger side and is just a catch all for storage of small objects. Had one in 2015 Brabus 451 when I was a Smart Brand Mngr.If you are a fan of the 711 size soft drinks, there is no reason you couldn't use it to hold it.

·
Registered
328 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Is it a CD Holder? Is it a common accessory. I've never noticed, I'm gonna take a look-see if I have that in mine.

·
Registered
328 Posts
The tray insert for my smoker's kit arrived (from Taiwan) and it is a perfect fit! I've now got a small storage box... also useful for holding the smart phone when driving.

I find the seller has other smart accessories on their website:
www.car-lab.com/ecommerce/smart.html

However their eBay store seems to have additional smart items not on the website.

~toaster

·
Registered
112 Posts
The tray insert for my smoker's kit arrived (from Taiwan) and it is a perfect fit! I've now got a small storage box... also useful for holding the smart phone when driving.

I find the seller has other smart accessories on their website:
www.car-lab.com/ecommerce/smart.html

However their eBay store seems to have additional smart items not on the website.

~toaster
That's exactly what I wanted it for, to hold my phone.
Thanks!

What does this look like on?

https://www.car-lab.com/ecommerce/smart/(2)-black-glossy-rear-wheel-arch-extension-trims-for-2007-2014-smart-451-fortwo.html

1 - 17 of 17 Posts