Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
For me, the main thing holding me back from getting on the waiting list is that it is much slower 0 to 60 than my sister's Yaris. If the Fortwo could get in the 9 second range, I would be happy. As soon as a reliable power up package is available either from the aftermarket or factory option, I will go for it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Go take a drive

Have you actually driven a smart? I have, and it has no problem keeping up with traffic, or accelerating to highway speed. If you want acceleration in a 2 seater, go buy a S2000. The smart works for what it was designed for, and economical and fun commuter car. It also happens to work really well on our large interstates. Go test drive one at your local dealer before writing it off as slow to accelerate. I think you will be pleasantly surprised, unless you drive a C6 Corvette everyday.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I want power delay so when I turn off the car, I hit engage the electric windows and the cabrio roof.

Also (which I couldn't help but to mention) I really wanted a OEM: GPS, XM Radio & Bluetooth options.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I want power delay so when I turn off the car, I hit engage the electric windows and the cabrio roof.

Also (which I couldn't help but to mention) I really wanted a OEM: GPS, XM Radio & Bluetooth options.
get the avic-d3x with xmradio - It's got all of what you want and completes the car - check out my gallery... didn't have to change the stock speakers either... (had a 10 radio)

·
Registered
106 Posts
A real 6 speed manual transmission with a clutch. Also, turbo boost and nitrous just for doing burnouts wouldn't hurt either!!!!! :D

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Cruise control would be my first choice. And I want an "aux" setting on the ignition so I can play the radio and operate the windows and top without lighting up my whole dashboard. I guess that's two, but WTH.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Cruise control would be my first choice. And I want an "aux" setting on the ignition so I can play the radio and operate the windows and top without lighting up my whole dashboard. I guess that's two, but WTH.
Yes a "aux" would be nice. Tool our smarty to the drive-in got lot's of attension but had to take a battary powered radio for the show.

Doc.

·
Registered
196 Posts
i don't have my Smart yet but I can tell I will really having cruise control. I'm hoping the 09's will have available. I was at the dealership yesterday and Amber said the 2 biggest requests are for cruise and a tilt/telescope option.

·
aka '24-42'
930 Posts
The Mickey Mouse sun visors are an embarrassment and as worthless as Breasts on a banana.

They should be an effective size and able to rotate to cover the side window.

I took care of the windshield problem with SunGlides but sun from side windows is still a problem

Donald LaFavor

·
Registered
383 Posts
Yes a "aux" would be nice. Tool our smarty to the drive-in got lot's of attension but had to take a battary powered radio for the show.
Doc.
the Radio 10 plays w/out the key in the ignition. just press the "on" button. :) I use that function alot, especially in the driveway when cleaning the wheels. :smartje:

as for the topic, I cannot think of anything of consequence. :D

·
Registered
79 Posts
The Mickey Mouse sun visors are an embarrassment and as worthless as Breasts on a banana.

They should be an effective size and able to rotate to cover the side window...
Donald, the sun visors on the new 451s do rotate to cover the side windows.

·
Registered
125 Posts
seat belts that don't lock you in place. I like to have a little slack in my seat belt. And man something has to be done about those cup holders.

·
aka '24-42'
930 Posts
Donald, the sun visors on the new 451s do rotate to cover the side windows.
I am genuinely and sincerely pleased for all 451 owners. That was a sorely needed improvement.

Although not quite enough of an improvement for me to move from a 450 to a 451. My Cruise control is one reason.

Donald LaFavor

1 - 20 of 135 Posts