Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard a lot of different things about reservation dates, and when you will get your Smart. Here is how a Smart employee described it to me...

It all depends on how many cars your dealer receives. If I am the only one that reserves in Tampa Florida, than I would get my car right away. Now lets say 500 people in LA reserve, and a LA dealer receives 100 cars and they would go to the first 100 in line etc. etc.

So it mainly depends on you’re area and how many your dealer starts out with. The more reservations in your area and the closer to the back of the line you are, the longer you will wait. Form what I understand; they will not be serving us one by one in line, because each dealer will start off with a certain amount of cars.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Form (sic) what I understand; they will not be serving us one by one in line, because each dealer will start off with a certain amount of cars.
It goes more like this, if your dealer has 20 reservations they may get around 20 cars. If your dealer has 500 reservations they'll end up with about 500 cars.

No telling how fast each dealer will get their allocation of cars, that will be based on how many reservations each one has.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^Well I'm guessing each dealer will at least get one car by the first quarter of 2008. Unless the company wants to start off with a bad reputation by not sticking to the release time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts