Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have benn driving up and down RT. 128 to Rockport and have seen numerous Smarts on the road. There are 2 that reside in Rockport. I have seen 4 on RT. 114 from 62 to 495. I have seen 3 in the Lowell area. I think I am going to make some wind shield pamphlets for these cars. I suggest all of MA do same and let others know if this site. Thoughts?:cool:

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
You may be surprised to find some owners don't mind being different and are not the group joining type. There are some very interesting folks out there that drive a smart.

Are SCOA license plate frames still available? Have fun with your car.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I'm over in RI, and it's dead, despite seeing nearly a car a day.
I'm going to probably get some freebie vistaprint cards or something for SCOA to get people involved.

I'd love to get some kind of meetup or event going between CT MA and RI. I made a post in each a while back, and Karl, thanks for being the only person who replied. If there was some more response or enthusiasm, I would have taken it further.

Anybody up for a meetup?

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
MA chapter dead?

Check out what the SoCalSmarties are doing on: www.meetup.com/socalsmarties. The people seem to like a wide variety of events. However, driving events seem to be the most popular. Hopefully, you can apply some of these ideas to your local chapter. We have had a few chapters sort of fade away due to not having at least one event a month and too much repetition. Hope this will help?

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
The problem is corporate. They don't want to help at all in getting their hands involved with organizing local chapters. They claim it's "legal" reasons. It's not that we don't want to meet, but corporate will only market their insider forum which isn't as strong as this one. There's a grocery list of issues going on here.

By the way, I'm the CT chapter president mentioned above. :)

·
Registered
343 Posts
Anybody want to meet up or do anything this weekend? Even if its a trip to a restaurant or pub I'm game. I might end up calling myself RI President if nobody else ends up getting involved, and I'll see what I can do with involvement at Smart Center Warwick- their Smart Guy, Doug, is great and drives a Brabus himself. Any ideas or thoughts? I wonder if it might be even worth seeing if SCOA can combine Mass/CT/RI into one with the size of these 3 communities. Thoughts?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Doug from Smart Center Warwick has offered to do an email blast of all his dealership's Smart customers if we get an event together. Anybody up for making something happen?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts