Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
5,944 Posts
Wow! Are you a taxi driver or what?:D
I did a similar commute for three years! It's wasn't much fun. Right now my commute is about 2 miles, but thst will change the first of the year when my contract here in Korean runs out. I got to mind me a new job...Sooner or later!

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
I put about 20 miles per day on my EV. Sometimes I do a 65 mile round trip, without stopping for recharging and with freeway usage. I end up with almost 20% left on the battery. :D

·
Registered
832 Posts
55 miles round-trip
I'm glad I can charge at work if I need to. It's quite easy to use more than half the battery on the morning commute with the heat on and somewhat jumpy driving :D

·
Registered
210 Posts
i run all 70+ miles on my EV out.... =/
school is around 40 miles total
work is 30 miles total
all monday thru friday.... and mainly freeway mileage... lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
Daily mileage- oops wrong thread

:sorrysign: 150 miles round trip 3x week. Almost able to do it on one tank of gas (about 400 miles per tank). .....thats why I got the Smart... really loving it! :confused:

·
Registered
465 Posts
How about us ICE owners who like the idea of maybe going ED. My commute is roughly 40+ miles of twisty,hilly back roads a day. Occasionally I'll do some side running that bumps that up to 60+. I feel that puts me squarly in the ED will probably handle it fine. However It's a hilly commute and I get concerned about the effects of cold weather on battery life.

Any opinions from those that have an ED?

·
Registered
210 Posts
How about us ICE owners who like the idea of maybe going ED. My commute is roughly 40+ miles of twisty,hilly back roads a day. Occasionally I'll do some side running that bumps that up to 60+. I feel that puts me squarly in the ED will probably handle it fine. However It's a hilly commute and I get concerned about the effects of cold weather on battery life.

Any opinions from those that have an ED?
it all depends on the size of that hill.... In Cali, i have rolled through the Sunol Grade, Sunol,CA... and that is a massive chunk of energy that disappears. I have been to the EAA meetings, and many claim in Cali, the Los Gatos hills are killer too. But as you may know, when you floor up the hill, let the car charge coming down the hill!!! In all cases, in CA, we have like over 13k Chargepoint Chargers and Iphone/Android apps to help us get to a near charging station. Or since you get the regular charger with the car, keep that in the back, and when you reach your destination, ask to plug in a wall socket for a while. So far, with my commute, i have had no troubles with my battery, the charges, or challenging hills. lol! all i can say is my ED does its job and looks sexy on the road! :cool:

·
Registered
312 Posts
About 45 miles a day. Mostly freeway. 40% left when I get home in the summer. 20-30% left in the winter depending on many things (if preconditioning worked, how dark each way, how cold, raining, etc).

Can't wait to get it back from MB. Been without it for 10 days now. GRRRR

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
About 45 miles a day. Mostly freeway. 40% left when I get home in the summer. 20-30% left in the winter depending on many things (if preconditioning worked, how dark each way, how cold, raining, etc).

Can't wait to get it back from MB. Been without it for 10 days now. GRRRR
What are they doing to the car?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts