Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the rear tires of my 2016 smart went flat yesterday. It was a slow air loss, so I am thinking the tire can be repaired. I have the 16" wheels with four lug nuts. What size sockets will I need to remove the wheel, so I can drive the tire over to a shop? Will any jack work ok?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any hints in the owners manual? 馃檪
Sooooo...your response is "go read the owners manual"
I am actually having a hard time locating my owners manual, so I thought i'd try to get some answers here, since this place has often been the source for friendly assistance since I purchased my first smart car soooooo many years ago. I understand that people get frustrated sometimes when people ask seemingly stupid questions, but we are not all gear-heads, and we sometimes prefer to go to a community for answers rather than a manual.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, my response was to ask if there was any information in the owners manual. If you chose not to read the manual, that's an answer. 馃槈
I can't find it. I remember putting it in a box a short time ago. No idea where that box is. I suppose I will just go into the driveway tomorrow and try every socket I have until I find one that matches. As for the jack, I will just try the one that came with my wife's Outback.

Registered
My 2016 Edition #1 came with the 16" Sport 8Y wheels and the stock lug bolts were 17mm head.
Behind the head the stock lug bolts For These Wheels had a conical taper.
Just mentioning this because I found most aftermarket 17mm head conical taper lug bolts have a different angle conical taper...
Smart Madness has the right ones should you need to upgrade to black or silver.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My 2016 Edition #1 came with the 16" Sport 8Y wheels and the stock lug bolts were 17mm head.
Behind the head the stock lug bolts For These Wheels had a conical taper.
Just mentioning this because I found most aftermarket 17mm head conical taper lug bolts have a different angle conical taper...
Smart Madness has the right ones should you need to upgrade to black or silver.
Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.