Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the rear tires of my 2016 smart went flat yesterday. It was a slow air loss, so I am thinking the tire can be repaired. I have the 16" wheels with four lug nuts. What size sockets will I need to remove the wheel, so I can drive the tire over to a shop? Will any jack work ok?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any hints in the owners manual? 馃檪
Sooooo...your response is "go read the owners manual"
I am actually having a hard time locating my owners manual, so I thought i'd try to get some answers here, since this place has often been the source for friendly assistance since I purchased my first smart car soooooo many years ago. I understand that people get frustrated sometimes when people ask seemingly stupid questions, but we are not all gear-heads, and we sometimes prefer to go to a community for answers rather than a manual.

Super Moderator
No, my response was to ask if there was any information in the owners manual. If you chose not to read the manual, that's an answer. 馃槈

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, my response was to ask if there was any information in the owners manual. If you chose not to read the manual, that's an answer. 馃槈
I can't find it. I remember putting it in a box a short time ago. No idea where that box is. I suppose I will just go into the driveway tomorrow and try every socket I have until I find one that matches. As for the jack, I will just try the one that came with my wife's Outback.

Registered
My 2016 Edition #1 came with the 16" Sport 8Y wheels and the stock lug bolts were 17mm head.
Behind the head the stock lug bolts For These Wheels had a conical taper.
Just mentioning this because I found most aftermarket 17mm head conical taper lug bolts have a different angle conical taper...
Smart Madness has the right ones should you need to upgrade to black or silver.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My 2016 Edition #1 came with the 16" Sport 8Y wheels and the stock lug bolts were 17mm head.
Behind the head the stock lug bolts For These Wheels had a conical taper.
Just mentioning this because I found most aftermarket 17mm head conical taper lug bolts have a different angle conical taper...
Smart Madness has the right ones should you need to upgrade to black or silver.
Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts