Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,763 Posts
If you mean a disk brake look alike to cover the brake drum, then yes. I think I remember seeing those on Smart Pit Stop, as I remember they would take some time to get here from Hong Kong. Otherwise, I've never heard of spatz for cars. Fender skirts, I remember from the fifties, but I don't think they would work on a smart, at least not a Brabus. Sorry not to be of more help. Must be a California thing.
Rich

·
Lifetime Member
11,307 Posts
You're talking mud flaps right? Don't know of anyone yet. My paint has been sandblasted off of my rear skirt because of driving on so much sand/dirt. Mud flaps would be a good thing.

·
Banned
319 Posts
You're talking mud flaps right? Don't know of anyone yet. My paint has been sandblasted off of my rear skirt because of driving on so much sand/dirt. Mud flaps would be a good thing.
I want some with a naked girl silhouette like all the cool truckers have. :D

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
wheel spats/fender skirts same thing

Howdy all
Wheel spats and fender skirts are the same thing (language variation).
Haven't seen any for a smart yet?
might be good looking?

·
Lifetime Member
11,307 Posts
Holy mackerel. I am a car guy beyond all car guys. Eat, sleep, drink cars and have always called skirts, skirts. Fender Skirts. I guess it is an old terminology and I am showing just how young I might be. :wink:.

·
Lifetime Member
11,307 Posts
Pee-Wee. Now that we have the terminology down - there used to be someone that sold fender skirts for the 451. I can't think of the company that sold them right now. While the car looked interesting, it wasn't for me. This is coming from a former Honda Insight owner - Gen 1 that had the skirts.

·
Banned
319 Posts
I think this is a bit more like what PeeWee is looking for. Am I correct? :)

Those with a continental kit, gangster white walls and a velour tuck and roll interior we could market the "Ghetto fortwo" to the inner city gangs!

Oh and lets not forget something to hold their "gats" it wouldn't be safe holding them in their laps!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts