Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to change the tires on my 2016 smart 253 to 195/50/15 all around.
What would be the wheel size ( width and offset ) that fits best so they don’t rub anywhere?
thanks for any input and help.

·
Registered
2008 Passion, now a 2016
499 Posts
Think twice about doing this.
Changing the factory tire diameter and circumference ratio will reek havoc with your Traction Control System. Especially on the 453, since it cannot be disabled.
You will NOT be happy with the result. Do a search here for several threads about the situation.

For example:

Just my $.02.
Jim

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Think twice about doing this.
Changing the factory tire diameter and circumference ratio will reek havoc with your Traction Control System. Especially on the 453, since it cannot be disabled.
You will NOT be happy with the result. Do a search here for several threads about the situation.

For example:

Just my $.02.
Jim
Thank you for the info Jim. I did not think about that, I guess I will have to reconsider.
thanks again
Bernd

·
Registered
2008 Passion, now a 2016
499 Posts
No problem. You're welcome.
I'm tolerating the situation until my fronts need replacing... already have two factory fronts sitting in my Amazon cart, waiting to hit the Buy It button... then I'll be back on factory sizes.
(Previous owner went with 4 of the same and caused the problem).
It's really annoying (and embarrassing) to have your brakes slammed on when you are just keeping up with the flow of traffic on a windy road.

Jim

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like it’s not worth it. I wanted it mostly for optics since the factory tires look so skinny on the car. What size do you have on now?
I had read on the forum of people using 195/50/15 all around , but that may have been on a 451. I hope your problem goes away when you put the stock tires back on.
Cheers

Bernd

1 - 6 of 6 Posts