Smart Car of America Forum banner

Wheels / tire replace ?

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Mailman 
#1 ·
I have a 2016 sport model 4/2. It has low profile tires and want to replace with regular tires.
Question being what size of tires and wheels?
Would be open to trade Tires and Wheels to fit.

#2 ·
you could go with 15" rear rims and make all 4 corners matching, that would give you the best choice to match your driving and local conditions. rear rims are 5 inches wide
or go with the rear rims that are 16" and get an additional pair of rear rims, again go with same size tires all the way around. Much more of a choice

#3 ·
you could go with 15" rear rims and make all 4 corners matching, that would give you the best choice to match your driving and local conditions. rear rims are 5 inches wide
or go with the rear rims that are 16" and get an additional pair of rear rims, again go with same size tires all the way around. Much more of a choice
JimVW57; Thanks for your input. "HAPPY TURKEY DAY!

#6 · (Edited)
I have a 2016 sport model 4/2. It has low profile tires and want to replace with regular tires.
Question being what size of tires and wheels?
Would be open to trade Tires and Wheels to fit.
Looking at your profile Ray, it appears your car is a 453 as lava orange is a 453 color and Big is posting 451 '3 lug' sizes...

*I have a 2016 453, Lava Orange and Crystal White, Edition #1, which came with the 10mm lowered 'urban' springs and the 'Sport 8Y' 16" rims.
If it is the same car as yours, the stock rims are 4 lug - 4x100, and the stock rims are 16" - 6" wide Front and 6.5" wide Rear.
The stock tires that come with the car are Continental All seasons, 185/50/16 Front and 205/45/16 Rear.

If you can confirm this, I can offer some real street tested advice, rather than be directed to vredstein quadrac 5s for the wrong car by Big...

#9 ·
Mailman;
I have low profile now and want to replace with Fatter and not Low Profile. Re; rough ride.
You say I then need to get 4ea.15" rims and 4ea.195/45/16 tires..
If I understand you correctly.
The wife ask me why at my age 79, she say the wheels that are now on the little car are going to outlast me . o_O

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.