Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two rear wheels and one front from 2009 Smart. Asking $250 for rears and $100 for the front. Wheels have 21,000 miles on them.

·
I'll figger this car out
96 Posts
I have two rear wheels and one front from 2009 Smart. Asking $250 for rears and $100 for the front. Wheels have 21,000 miles on them.

I am brand new to smart, got a 451 Saturday. Do the rims wear out? I am looking at putting same size wheels and tires on all four sides, and having one full-size spare. This baloney with the green goo and the air pump reminds me too much of a lawn tractor.

·
Super Moderator
11,183 Posts
Over the years, and maybe I am just lucky, I have not had any issues with flat tires. I do keep an eye on them and replace them when they get worn, and I don't frequent areas where there is a lot of debris.. I am running same size on all 4 corners and it makes a big difference in handling and such.

·
Premium Member
715 Posts
This baloney with the green goo and the air pump reminds me too much of a lawn tractor.
Or many new cars built in the past 10 years... oh and many motorhomes. Like many I have either been lucky or the manufacturers really know something as I can't remember the last time I had a flat tire and I have been driving for the past 54 years:D

I just wish the tech was on my bicycle...... I mean the tires can run $100.00 each last maybe 4 k miles and can have many flats during their lifetime.....

·
Super Moderator
11,183 Posts
The green goo only is good for about 3-4 years and needs to be replaced if it isn't used. Cheaper to pick up the stuff from Walmart instead of the dealer. With space in a smart at a premium, the goo should handle any nails in a tire, although with the design of tires nowdays, nails aren't as much of an issue as they once were.

If you frequent areas with a lot of road debris, or remote locations, then a spare is a good idea. for most 'city drivers' with AAA it probably isn't needed. If I am heading to a remote location, I usually drive something else.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Over the years, and maybe I am just lucky, I have not had any issues with flat tires. I do keep an eye on them and replace them when they get worn, and I don't frequent areas where there is a lot of debris.. I am running same size on all 4 corners and it makes a big difference in handling and such.

What size tires are you running on all 4 corners ? :think:

·
Registered
68 Posts
i need the rims, not the actual tire. i suspect you are selling tires only? i want to put rear rims in the front of my 2009 passion. tire guy says need rear rims or no can do. they are an inch wider. help

1 - 18 of 18 Posts