Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from my dealer and I "think" I may get an orphan with-in the next 2 weeks. I counted about 12 cars around the back lot and there was a truck sitting around the corner. I told my sales rep that I'll take pretty much any Passion in any color at this point and he gave me the impression/ told me he'll call next week. While waiting I over heard another sales person say that there are a lot of "open" cars on his list and if he could sell one right away. If he did I might have gotten pissed ,but he was told no. Anyway,since applying for credit to many times can ruin your rating how many different places did you all apply at for a loan and how far in advance?

·
smart happens here!
1,830 Posts
I was preapproved @5.39% at one institution, inquired at a second (5%), but ultimately applied at the third (wife's credit union) because it had the lowest advertised rate (4.5% - the other locations ultimately said they would have matched this rate). I had planned on applying about a week in advance, but since my smart arrived so quickly from Baltimore, wound up that the car arrived before I got the paper work started!

·
Banned
4,888 Posts
You can shop and pre-qualify now or wait and finance thru the dealer at 6+% APR. I would shop. Cap One will pre - qualify you at something under 5.8% last I checked. Good Hunting!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts