Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thanks I'm going to check it out!

I asked my nearby smart center about A 453 880 34 04

I do not have a Sport package.

·
17,376 Posts
Did you know that the exhaust tips are just for looks? The actual exhaust exits on the bottom of the muffler can. Seems like a lot of extra work to me. Why not just use an exhaust like the early US spec Brabus?
Sounds par for the course. Many of Mercedes-Benz's recent models don't have real exhaust tips. Here's one that's literally as fake as fake can be.

Basically, the auto industry has decided that soot on the tips is bad, so some companies are distancing the tips from the actual exit while others are completely faking the exhaust exits entirely.

http://jalopnik.com/the-ten-most-ridiculous-car-design-details-1743426644

·
17,376 Posts
No... here is a 2017 C300... they are functional:
There is more than one exhaust offered on the C Class. One has a real tip, the other doesn't.

Here's another pic of the standard exhaust.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
That might be a European model but I've never seen than on one in the U.S.

Anyway back to the matter at hand... looks like you can order these parts... instead of "100" you order "80" which gets you the valance without the cutouts.

Looks like it'll be about $500 for the valance and the lower bumper trim... plus painting (maybe).

The valance only comes in a matte grey/silver. Maybe I should paint it gloss black to match the safety cell or leave that color (which wouldn't exist on the car otherwise).

Attachments

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
You need the valance? Sorry, I am not clear which part is that? The lowest part is what connects to the part you want to buy...

Got to turn off the SA filter and the part numbers de-shade/become visible....

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
So I am at my computer with my cell phone. I can see my post and type on the computer...

If your car has SA Code P59, then your car uses A 453 880 03 40. The part that you want attaches to A 453 880 34 04.

So since your car does not have P59, and is not a Brabus anything, yours uses A 453 880 13 01.

When on EPC there is a red typeface "Note". When I select that note, it says A 453 880 13 01 is not available for purchase, use A 453 880 34 04.

So A 453 880 13 01 and A 453 880 34 04 are interchangeable.

So the rear diffuser you want should attach perfectly fine... Smart uses different terminology than us, so I am confused because I can't easily translate the names they use to the normal ones, like rear valance....

I think you can just buy the one part and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
If your car has P59, it already has part A 453 880 03 40! You would not need to buy it!

Since this part is available for purchase, it does not give me a note of a superseding part number to use. I can not guarantee it will fit with the diffuser you want.

But your car does not have P59, so does not use this one, and is therefore not a concern for us...

·
17,376 Posts

·
Registered
2,822 Posts

Attachments

21 - 40 of 50 Posts