Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I need to know where is the best place to get the top for a 09 fortwo cabrio?

mine is shrunk and I know I gotta replace the drivers ivers side cable(well install one as that one is missing)

the top won’t close fully(about a inch gap from fully closing) so any advice would be great.
I looked on one site and the whole thing is around a grand(does it come with the frame or is it just the fabric?) for the top and rear parts.

I also need to know where the switches are in the roof as the drivers side motor also isn’t doing anything(I’m thinking one of the switches is preventing it from working) I haven’t checked for voltage but from what I’ve read they both are on the same fuse.

I am pretty confident I can replace the top by myself for most of it(aside from the helper part) just need to get one.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does it have the frame or is it just the fabric?
I ask as the frame isn’t in the best of shape.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was looking and it looks like they have more parts for the top so I may contact them to see if it has the frame rails or not for it.
I’ve already found a few of the parts I need to fix the top(aside from the fabric)
Huge thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts