Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a friend of mine has a Smart like the white/orange in the top right corner of the home page. He says he cannot get any parts (even an oil filter) from parts stores and has to go to the dealer for everything.....is this true, no parts can be obtained from the aftermarket stores?

·
Super Moderator
1,606 Posts
Tell him to join the forum and do some reading. There are all kinds of posts about aftermarket parts availability like oil filters, air filters, cabin filters, etc., etc.

Len
2014 EV Coupe 15,500 miles
2014 EV Cabriolet 6,000 miles

·
Registered
386 Posts
www.rockauto.com has parts, looks like you flagged a 2015 451, or was it a 453? Up here in Canada germanparts.com has basics like oil filters, etc. Granted Canadian Tire and Parts Source carry those basics as well as NAPA which you guys have in the States I thought.

·
Registered
45 Posts
EUspares.co.uk. I ordered a front engine mount and an oil filter on the 10th of July. They seem to have everything. I didn't notice on the order form where it asked for country to deliver to. I watched for 2 weeks the package going back and forth to GB and Germany where it originated on DHL's tracking site. My bad but you think some one in the process would have figured out there's no Leesburg Fl 34748 in GB.Finally got hold of someone and I think it's straightened out. But aside from that they have a very large selection of parts just be care when you fill out the order form.

·
Registered
2017 453 Passion ED/EQ
293 Posts
I live in Connecticut, USA, some parts and prices for the smartcar:

Oil and filter, Walmart ($17.94) order online and pickup locally Mobil1 0w40 oil and M1-108 filters.
Headlight bulbs $25.25, Advance auto parts.
Front tires $150.36 Tires-Easy.com.
All new tires, Kumho Solus 16 Tirerack.com $348.0 + $100 mounted and replaced local independent auto repair shop.
Brake Pads ($42.54) from the local "Foreign" Auto parts store.
Air filter and cabin filter ($13.20 on Amazon), and sometimes local auto parts store.
Battery ($159.51) at Sears.
Redline MT90 GL-4 transmission oil replaced, Amazon ($43.47)
Muffler, local independent auto repair mechanic, $295.75 parts, 1.25 hrs install @ 90 per.

As you can see this is not an expensive car for it's consumable parts.
Never had a problem with getting anything for the car.
Even MB came through with a front end alignment for $106.34

1 - 9 of 9 Posts