Smart Car of America Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Banned
315 Posts
Does anyone have firsthand documentation of a modern internal combustion engine failure due to using Mobil1 and not Amsoil?

<crickets>

Yeah, I didn't think so.
I have a friend who had a Thunderbird that used it and he blew an engine. He used to rag in me saying, "If you use that Amsoil stuff, is Amsoil going to buy you a new engine when your car blows?" Then when his engine blew, "I said, is Mobil 1 going to put in a new engine?" He got all pissed off when I told him about that.

I also remember reading about people in Australia using Mobil 1 and they said it was tearing up the camshafts.

I don't understand why people are so gung ho for Mobil 1. Why must people like an oil that costs more and protect less? I don't get it. Is Mobil 1 paying you? Do you work for Mobil 1? I talk about Amsoil because it SAVES ME MONEY over Mobil 1 and is proven in tests to be better. Prior to using Amsoil, I was gung ho about Mobil 1 just like you. Then I read the facts and I stopped promoting Mobil 1.

·
Banned
315 Posts
Why Mobile 1 in our smarts?

It might have somthing to do with this sticker in the Engine compatment
Smart approves Mobil 1 - New 09 engine bay sticker Smart Car of America Gallery
The Smart car I Own has it, How about the one you own Homeslice
And you think that sticker is FREE? That is ADVERTISING. Mobil 1 PAYS for that. smart didn't just put that sticker in there.

Read the facts. Find the links on the web. Amsoil out-performs Mobil 1. THAT IS A 100% TRUE FACT. I don't care what sticker is under any hood or who uses Mobil 1. Mobil 1 didn't make synthetic oil until many years later.

Just use Amsoil for 2 years like I told you and then come back and tell if if you don't like it.

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
Except for Smart Car of America authorized vendors, vendor sales and advertising of any kind are strictly prohibited in any posting area of Smart Car of America forums.

This restriction applies to sales via private message (PM) and applies to vendors offering services as well as any products. Using Smart Car of America membership for product development research is also prohibited without approval of the administrator.
Vendors interested in advertising on Smart Car of America should contact us at [email protected].
All non-approved advertising threads will be deleted, moved or closed. Members who are vendors or acting on behalf of vendors who ignore these rules will also have their private messaging and / or forum access limited, or their account suspended permanently. IMPORTANT NOTICE: Non-SCOA-authorized vendors who persist in promotion or advertising on our forums after being requested to desist by a Smart Car of America moderator or administrator agree to promptly pay a fee equivalent to no less than the 12 month fee.
Do you think Your continued push for Amsoil is viewed Advertising

·
Banned
315 Posts
*yawn*

Another thread heading down the tubes...
I'm done. I don't have time for this. The people who want nothing but the best and want to save money will use Amsoil. The people who don't care, won't. Whatever. No skin off my back. I just hate it when people waste natural resources.

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
I'm done. I don't have time for this. The people who want nothing but the best and want to save money will use Amsoil. The people who don't care, won't. Whatever. No skin off my back. I just hate it when people waste natural resources.

Natural Resources!

Now that Funny:)

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
2-way street. Do you think everyone's continued push for Mobil 1 is advertising for Mobil 1? If everyone would stop mentioning Mobil 1 in their posts, then I wouldn't talk about Amsoil.
Its what smart USA recomends!!
Thats why we talk about it, See photo above^^^

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Good, if you don't have time for it, stop posting about it.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have a friend who had a Thunderbird that used it and he blew an engine.

I also remember reading about people in Australia using Mobil 1 and they said it was tearing up the camshafts.
Mmmhmm. I work with a guy who has an aunt that lives in New Guinea whose dog went blind because she used Amsoil in her Porsche. It's totally documented, I can't seem to find it though. Oh, and it wasn't that crappy XL stuff either.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.