Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I'm looking to mount a small safe (11x8.5x2.25) into my Fortwo to store some valuables when I'm at work or parked at the airport. The safe is a top opening model so it will need some clearance to open. I'm thinking of mounting it inside the storage area in the trunk that's part of the tailgate. Anyone have any other suggestions for location to mount this? Worried that the tailgate doesn't have any metal to mount to but I can reinforce the mount from the backside of the tray with some metal. Ideally, I'd mount it to metal somewhere.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
You can cut out the passenger side foot well foam and put it there and cut the carpet to the top of the safe and glue it to the top of the safe so when it's closed, it doesn't look like anything is there.

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
1,186 Posts
Not a lockable option, but for out-of-sight storage, don't overlook the area under the dash above the passenger footwell. It's a good size and most people wouldn't know to look there.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks...

Thanks... bailing on my original idea and going with something more hidden and more secure... really like the idea of using the void in the passenger footwell.

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
Why not mount it behind the seat?
I assume it has bolts that are only accessible when the safe is open.

Drill through the metal towards the engine, paint the holes and install rivnuts in each hole.
The safe can then bolt straight into the set rivnuts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts