Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
MY08 cabrio MY09 cabrio Brabus MY15 ED
7,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BONUS - and for you old timers, a Dave Schembri sighting!

"Today, 85 to 90 percent of BEV and plug-in hybrid owners tend to do the vast majority of their charging at home overnight, occasionally topping off their batteries at the chargers popping up at more and more workplaces, said Dave Schembri, the CEO of the other major U.S. charging company, California-based EVgo.

The debate is what will happen as millions more battery cars take to the road. “More and more will not be able to charge at home or office, so dependence on public chargers will grow,” said Schembri. But he quickly added his belief that the U.S. will never need as many as chargers as it does gas pumps."

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/where-will-we-charge-all-those-electric-cars-we-ll-n812721

·
Registered
471 Posts
“But he quickly added his belief that the U.S. will never need as many as chargers as it does gas pumps."

I read this article too. It made me wonder if the world industry will lead America or if American demand will lead the industry. The US doesn’t have the stronghold it once had in the world automobile industry but she still has a mighty voice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts