Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the DC test drive today. but on my way home I waqs thinking Where's was the Battery I don't remember seeing it. any one know. :):eek:

·
Smart A**
1,141 Posts
I thought it was in front of the passenger's feet, under the carpet.
That's correct. Push the passenger seat all the way back. Pull up the front carpet revealing a polystyrene footrest. Remove a couple of thumbnuts and slide the footrest out the passenger door revealing access to the battery.

·
Banned
343 Posts
BATTERY? it's ELECTRIC? why do i see owners at gas stations putting GAS in them?

i'm soooooooo confused......:confused:

:D
I'm so torn as to what I'd like to do most when I get my car. Put a giant windup key on it? Design an oversized electrical plug to stick out the back end like a tail? Put a giant propeller beanie on it? :D So many options...

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
Just a note about the battery. as noted here
http://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/f4/first-problem-my-car-re-door-latches-16566/
Do not store jumber cables in the talegate door. If your battery dies you will not be able to release the uper glass on the hatch because the release is electric. If you cant open the glass you can't open the tailgate and thus cant open the storage of the tailgate. Put you jumper cables in the little cubby in front of the pasenger under the glove box. THis way they will be right there when you need them.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Good jumper cables should be a heavy guage cable and long enough to reach. Mine go in a bag behind passenger seat as they will not fit in that cubby.

·
Registered
4,220 Posts
http://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/f4/first-problem-my-car-re-door-latches-16566/
Do not store jumber cables in the talegate door. If your battery dies you will not be able to release the uper glass on the hatch because the release is electric. If you cant open the glass you can't open the tailgate and thus cant open the storage of the tailgate. Put you jumper cables in the little cubby in front of the pasenger under the glove box. THis way they will be right there when you need them.

Wow that is where I stored my Jumper Cables too!, I'll move them to that area, and see how they fit. :D THANKS!

·
Premium Member
10,363 Posts
I have an emergency kit that is about an inch thick and a foot and half square. I keep it behind the drivers seat. It fits perfectly. It is good to know where the battery is. When all else fails, read the manual. :) Is it a battery that one could use to give a jump to other cars that might need it?

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
I have an emergency kit that is about an inch thick and a foot and half square. I keep it behind the drivers seat. It fits perfectly. It is good to know where the battery is. When all else fails, read the manual. :) Is it a battery that one could use to give a jump to other cars that might need it?
You could give a jump but it is definately not convienient. Not something I would offer if their is another option available. Just offer you cables to help if you can.

·
Banned
4,244 Posts

YES! And while you're at it, don't store the Owner's Manual in there either. Learned that the hard way. :eek:

·
Premium Member
10,363 Posts
power out let jumper cables?

You could give a jump but it is definately not convienient. Not something I would offer if their is another option available. Just offer you cables to help if you can.
I also have jumper cables that plug into the power outlet (aka cigarrette lighter). One does not have to find the battery to use it. :cool:

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
One would have thought that this would not have taken more than on response.
Really. Then this goes no further to answer the question "either"
No more beer for you
karl

1 - 20 of 21 Posts