Smart Car of America Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a 2009 Passion with a Radio 9 that came WITHOUT the OEM sub. I was lucky enough to buy the OEM sub for $50.

The plug for the sub-woofer IS under the drivers seat as Gearhead explained. It simply plugs into the sub, you mount it down with bolts and the seat and you have instant bass.

I have the pin out diagram somewhere as I wrote it down. I did car stereo installs in the early 90's and have a lot of knowledge in this area.

I'll try to find the diagram if others need it. You can then install any aftermarket sub with high level inputs, just maybe not under the seat.
Could I please get that diagram?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Anyone aware of an adapter cable to go from harness to aftermarket speakers in the doors? The connector on the factory speakers is molded into the cone frame. I haven’t seen such cheap speakers in a long time.

·
Registered
21 Posts
If its any help... the guys that did mine at the stereo shop said it was a "cake" car to work on... I do have the pin-out and the stereo connections (like, which pin goes where for the subwoofer and stuff)
Could I get which pin goes where. I'm trying to install subwoofer and amp

·
Registered
351 Posts
Anyone aware of an adapter cable to go from harness to aftermarket speakers in the doors? The connector on the factory speakers is molded into the cone frame. I haven’t seen such cheap speakers in a long time.

View attachment 63174
My original speakers were shot, so I cut the female connectors from them using a Dremel tool, bent the legs to male physical contact with the new speaker tabs and soldered them into place. This way should I ever need to replace the speakers again, it’s just 2 solder connections that I can do with the speakers on a bench instead of a hot iron inside the speaker openings. It’s important to keep the correct polarity so to may need to flip the connector 180-degrees.

·
Registered
320 Posts
My original speakers were shot, so I cut the female connectors from them using a Dremel tool, bent the legs to male physical contact with the new speaker tabs and soldered them into place. This way should I ever need to replace the speakers again, it’s just 2 solder connections that I can do with the speakers on a bench instead of a hot iron inside the speaker openings. It’s important to keep the correct polarity so to may need to flip the connector 180-degrees.
Thanks for the suggestion. Kind of what I'm thinking of doing as well. will have some new Pioneer speakers here at some point.

·
Registered
21 Posts
So let me try again. Does anyone have a clear pic of subwoofer wire harness on a 2016 prime. If I can hook up amp to subwoofer speaker wire I'd like to do that. Anybody?

21 - 26 of 26 Posts