Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you like the ones on the red car or the silver car better?
Imagine the Silver cars with Chrome, not silver wheels as shown.

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
Easy decision. Buy the ones on the silver car. The ones on the red car are way too busy and ornate for the simple lines of the car. The silver car's wheels are very nice.

·
Registered
165 Posts
They look fantastic!!!!!:D
But there's really no sense if the 0-60 time jumps up to 20 seconds and mpg drops into the 30's. I hate to ask, but how heavey are these wheels?

Thanks, and still waiting for the right set of wheels the wouldn's impact the performance of my Smartie and still maintain mpg's closer to the factory 41 mpg.:D

·
Admin emeritus
3,974 Posts
I like the ones on the red car... I wouldn't have them in chrome but I would like them in black. Do you have more info about the wheels on the red fortwo?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Do you like the ones on the red car or the silver car better?
Imagine the Silver cars with Chrome, not silver wheels as shown.

Did a quick Photoshop of chrome wheels from the red to the silver, not very good one, and also can't figure out how to enlarge the pic's like above.

I like no chrome

·
Admin emeritus
3,974 Posts
As long as one can strip and powder coat I'm all for them but as I indicated when smartech first shared the customer car (silver smart) I am not a fan of that design.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have a silver car like the one in the pic, but with tinted windows. I will be going with the wheels on the silver car, but in chrome. Its gonna look hot! you think it gets alot of looks with the stock wheels, just wait!

·
Admin emeritus
3,974 Posts
The TSW wheels (the chrome ones) are a very traditional german design so I feel they are right for the fortwo.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Why?

Worse mileage, worse performance, and the ride would be terrible.

Unless you did suspension mods at the same time, the handling would not be much better.

To each his own...........

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Worse mileage, worse performance, and the ride would be terrible.

Unless you did suspension mods at the same time, the handling would not be much better.

To each his own...........
looks ten times better than stock.
mileage, performance and ride wont be any different.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts