Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow ED drivers,
I'd appreciate a help from you.

I'm looking for a fuse position in a 2014 Smart ED that gives out 12v only when the drive system is on.

Just to clarify, I don't want it to put out voltage when the key is merely in the Accessory position. I want the drive system fully on -- i.e., after I have turned the key all the way to the extreme clockwise position to start the drive system.

Is there such a fuse in the box somewhere?

Thanks

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, jwight.

Yes, fuse #5 for example is hot, but always hot. What I want is something that is hot only when the drive system is turned on.

If you can imagine the following three states the car is in,
1. No key in the ignition,
2. Key in the ignition turned to Position 1 when accessories get power, and
3. Key in the ignition was turned all the to Position 2 when the drive system kicks in,

I'm looking for a fuse that is hot only in State #3 above.

Thanks

·
17,343 Posts
Let's do some clarification so as not confuse.

Position 1 is: On/Accessory Power/Run
Position 2 is: Start

There is not a slot (at least an open one) on the SAM that activates only at Position 2. My guess is as Position 2 is just used for starting/turning on the drive system so there would be no need for it.

The closest you have is slot R4. It only works on Position 1-2. Not sure what project you have going here, but this will be your best bet.

·
Registered
646 Posts
The 12v accessory outlet on the bottom of the dash directly over the center console drink holder is only hot when the car is on. Oops, but probably also on in the accessory position, sorry, did not read the full OP.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts