Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had a Kenwood DNX6140 Nav system installed. FM comes in but no AM. I know they put a adaptor in but which kind should it be. I know it has been mentioned here but I searched all over and can't really find what I am looking for. Also do anyone else have this system installed?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know they use the same antenna but my understanding is that the European radios using different grounding or something. There are no setting to check. I just do a autoscan for AM but it doesn't stop or select any frequency.

·
Registered
2017 Passion Coupe
3,552 Posts
Our Smart Center might be able to help you out. Darin installed my aftermarket stereo and helped get the AM working after it was oh-so-weak for a couple weeks. It didn't take him long and everything was golden! I could again hear those traffic reports.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Called Portland smart center and they said european to us. Took car back to installer and they tried about 4 different ones and finally got one that works great.

·
Registered
225 Posts
a little fact about the vw ant adapters. there is a resistor in the adaptor. if you remove it you will get better am reception. if i have a old vw ant laying around the shop i will get some pics of how to remove the resistor.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts