Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw pics of the white rally car w/ roof scoop.
Anyone have details (Who, Where, www, etc)?

Was the scoop actually functional or just for show?

The pics I have seen, I cannot make out the windshield graphics (guessing it has the www?)

·
aka 'MarkMadness'
31 Posts
We actually assisted Daystar with products and support for building this car for last years SEMA show. Clyde and I were lucky enough to take it for a drive and all I can say is wow! The car drives like it was on completely stock suspension! We gave it a quick "off road" test as well and we didn't have any clearance issues when hopping back on the road.
The roof scoop and the lights up front are fully functional. Daystar did an amazing job when building this car. I can't wait to get this kit installed on one of our shop cars!

In case you guys didn't know, this kit is now available for purchase via our website. It's an excellent kit for any of you guys who want that "dune buggy" look, or anyone that just wants a more comfortable ride and bigger wheels and tires. We have already sold out of our first batch of these kits, but the second batch will be in our hands later this week. As always, we offer the best price guarantee so rest assured that you are getting best deal possible. The kit retails for 499.99, but we are offering it at a special introductory price of 349.99. For more information, please follow the link below, or call us directly at the shop at (562) 981-6800.

http://www.smartmadness.com/servlet/the-907/smart-car-fortwo-body/Detail

·
Registered
412 Posts
These Daystar guys were super cool,
The scoop on the roof was absolutely functional, it even had a little crank on the inside to turn the air flow on and off. It was also real carbon fiber. I asked them where they got it and they said it is a bona-fide race car part made for a European rally race car. They got it over-seas at a rally race supplier.
Hope this helps....It was one of the coolest mods I have ever seen on a smart!

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
These Daystar guys were super cool,
The scoop on the roof was absolutely functional, it even had a little crank on the inside to turn the air flow on and off. It was also real carbon fiber. I asked them where they got it and they said it is a bona-fide race car part made for a European rally race car. They got it over-seas at a rally race supplier.
Hope this helps....It was one of the coolest mods I have ever seen on a smart!
and it was Cut right into the Pure roof

·
Registered
821 Posts
The scoop is really cool. Though, without lower a exit pressure in the cabin, how do you increase the flow through this scoop?

I think the scoop should be used as air intake to the engine. That would be something really interesting.

·
17,372 Posts
My Avatar is it offroad, I found that pic completely by accident looking at a site with SEMA stuff on it...

I like it!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts